All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
underweight!
      #255956 - 04/03/06 12:13 PM
maia

Reged: 10/15/05
Loc: Kaua'i, Hawai'i

I should weigh about 95-98 lbs (I'm small). I now weigh 80 lbs - maybe less these last few days. I have a good appetite, but cannot eat due to colon spasms. The dr. had me on red meat, dairy and tons of natural oils to fatten me, but after I read about the IBS "nos" I have now dropped all that and am on chicken, oatmeal, squash basmati white rice and some patee of baby food consistency made from soaked raw organic almonds. Yet I can eat so, so little, and STILL have the spasms!

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS? What are you doing, if anything, for weight gain if you can't eat? (That sounds like a really stupid question, but I'm desperate!)

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: underweight! new
      #255965 - 04/03/06 01:05 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't know as if this will help, but here's my experience. I wasn't quite underweight most of the time, but I was a little on the light side for a year until I stablized.

I just ate plenty of what I could eat without getting too full and made sure I ate every couple of hours because my hunger single did not (and still doesn't) work.

In the last month, I've put on 3lb and am back where I was before 2005, the year of instability.

#255978 - 04/03/06 01:52 PM
DOTT

Reged: 03/12/06

hi yes i did

i lost 15 pds and i look like a tootpick

i went on the blood type plan and i am starting to eat again

and gain weight

i am also taling there herbs for my ibs

it helped me a lot

hope to hear from you

dot

#255980 - 04/03/06 01:54 PM
DOTT

Reged: 03/12/06

hi

i am doing eat for your blood type and starting to eat agin

what kind of bread do u eat?

thanks

dot

#255987 - 04/03/06 02:14 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maia:

Your diet isn't exactly correct, which is probably why you're continuing to have the spasms.

I've had IBS for 47-plus years now and I had painful attacks for most of them. Now I'm pain-free 95 per cent of the time. It's quite a miracle, as you can imagine!

There are a number of tricks to Heather's IBS diet. Once you master them, you'll be pain-free too. It just takes a while to understand what to eat, how to prepare it, how much of any given food to eat and in what food combination to eat it. The source of your food supply (organic versus conventional) can also play a role.

I'm very small myself -- just four-foot-nine. My ideal weight is about 85 pounds, but during one of my darker eras I dropped to 74 lbs. because I was so ill with IBS. That was about 17 years ago. Nowadays I am about 87 lbs and it's easy to maintain that diet without eating anything with added sugar.

I can easily gain weight if I want by eating certain things. For example, even just using Earth Balance buttery spread on your bread will help you gain a few pounds! Conversely, if I want to redistribute my weight (reshape!), I just work out on the treadmill at the gym!

Write to me at belinda958@yahoo.ca and I'll be happy to help you. From what I can see you already have a natural approach to your diet, which is very much in keeping with my philosophy about how to deal with IBS, so it should be relatively easy to get you realligned onto Heather's diet in a manner that will help you be pain-/spasm-free most of the time.

#255992 - 04/03/06 02:43 PM
maia

Thanks, Belinda...I will do that!

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

#255993 - 04/03/06 02:44 PM
maia

Dott, what is the "blood type plan"?

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

#255994 - 04/03/06 02:47 PM
maia

I'm not eating ANY bread. I think wheat doesn't work for me and haven't found anything else. Anyway, I can eat so little, I doubt I could eat any bread right now. But I am open to suggestions for safe non-wheat bread.

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1090

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review