All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS & Gallstones
      #255761 - 04/02/06 03:14 AM
amp

Reged: 04/02/06

Have had IBS for over 20 years. Intolerant to Dairy & Wheat with allergies to grapes, cherries & many other things. Pills have never worked. Semi-controlled with diet but never in total control. Recent move had new doctor, sent for tests, confirmed gallstones. Need low fat diet for gallstones, special diet IBS, wheat free & dairy free. Anyone know what on earth I actually can eat and be pain free? Also do I have IBS if I have gallstones, can it be the gallstones that have made me ill or was it the IBS that caused the stones? Chicken n egg, which came first! I am also not thin as you might assume, fairly chunky. Go figure!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS & Gallstones new
      #255777 - 04/02/06 09:27 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Need low fat diet for gallstones, special diet IBS, wheat free & dairy free.

Heather's Eating for IBS diet is low fat and eliminates dairy, so that's 3 out of 4. There are a number of people on the Board who are eating wheat/gluten free. You could try doing a Search on "gluten" and see what pops out.

As far as I know, there's no relation between IBS and gallstones. I imagine it is possible that the digestive problems that were diagnosed as IBS are actually being caused by your gallstones, but that would be a question for your doctor. Incidentally, I don't know why your doctor is not talking about removing your gall bladder. I had mine out more than 10 years ago and never missed it - or the pain.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#256198 - 04/04/06 11:54 AM
Ravyn

Reged: 02/06/06
Loc: New Jersey

I had my gall bladder removed due to gallstones about 8 years ago. I think my gall bladder was giving me problems WAY before that! I don't miss my gb at all. I sometimes have phantom twinges, but nothing like the real thing.

I was diagnosed with IBS-C about a year and a half ago. This was definitely separate from the gb. I think I had both going for a long time, and having my gb removed helped show I had something else going on. I'm still working through a lot of this stuff, but having my gb out helped a lot. The burning sensation I had in my stomach every morning was finally gone! Surgery is scary, but sometimes necessary.

--------------------
IBS-C

#256346 - 04/04/06 07:13 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I had my gallbladder out 4 weeks after the birth of my son. Because I was pregnant when I found out I had them, there was nothing I could do for the attacks. They got so bad, sooo painful that I was ready (even after birth!) to get rid of it. It was uncomfortable for a few days but I felt sooooo much better with it out. It is not missed. From what my docs said, you don't pass gallstones like kidney stones. They just build up and then eventually you have to take it out.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2651 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review