Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I will Nelly!-nt new
      #255885 - 04/03/06 07:39 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sure will pass it on new
      #255887 - 04/03/06 07:41 AM
Augie

I'm sure she will be happy that she could help you. People don't always realize how much their posts may be helping someone else.

I hope you continue to post!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Well.... new
      #255908 - 04/03/06 09:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I agree that you're still following Heather's approach. I, too, have found that the longer I'm on the EFI Diet the more IF I can eat and - surprising to me - the more IF I need to eat. When I first started on the Diet, I could eat nothing but SF and safe protein; now that just doesn't work for me. I've always thought Heather's approach was not just "safe incorporation of IF", but "safe incorporation of as much IF as you can possibly manage". Sounds like you've hit the jackpot in that regard.

I think it's great you can use so little SF as a cushion. I wonder if once our guts get moving in the right direction - so to speak - it takes less to keep them in order. I use less SF than I did when I started out, although still nowhere near as little as you can manage. And I do take an SFS.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Is there a reason why you limit your fruits? new
      #256076 - 04/03/06 08:09 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

No Beth, I just eat less fruits, all kinds actually, and vegetables than SF. Proportionately: lots of SF , less IF lots of liquids, some sweets. along with triphala, flaxseed meal, lexepro and belladonna and acacia. It's hard to advise everyone, you just have to try things. I seem to do well with lots of potatoes, etc. xxoo

--------------------
(cool)

Re: The reason for that... new
      #256321 - 04/04/06 04:21 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I understand your point but the goal of everyone here is to feel better from IBS. Some people feel great following the strick diet while others need tweeking. Some of that tweeking might be more radical for some than others, and it might include different supplements, etc.

Re: I am! new
      #260894 - 05/01/06 06:36 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

I follow this diet pretty strictly and take an SFS. Obviously we're all human and have our little cheats now and then. Mine tend to be chocolate-related, but I've cut down on that cuz I feel better without it.

I had pretty quick results from this diet, and if I stray at all I tend to not feel as well. So it's easy for me to see this diet works in my case.

I think that even if people aren't following this diet exactly, I'd still like to hear what foods they try. I'm trying to expand my diet little by little so I like hearing what other people eat.

Kat

I concurr.
I really would like to hear
1) What has worked
2) Why maybe this and not Heather's diet have worked
3) The duration of sucess

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

I follow it, but not as strictly as I once did new
      #260921 - 05/02/06 05:12 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

That's because as I've become more stable, I've branched out to see what things I can handle again, and there are some things that I've always been able to handle that would be no-no's for a lot of people. For example, I can handle fried chicken(!), lean pork, and venison.

On the other hand, I stay far, far away from dead cow and most dairy. (I find I can handle some dairy if it's not a main ingredient.) I still take an SFS supplement 3 times a day. I still eat a lot of rice, too, but not as much as I did a year ago.

Is this diet not working for you either? new
      #261006 - 05/02/06 09:08 AM
Augie

I wonder how many there are of us. We keep plugging along though, don't we.

--------------------
~ Beth

Nope - I do that. new
      #261027 - 05/02/06 09:42 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Because I have done that (eat according to the guidelines in the book) and my IBS is now stable - I don't post that often anymore. However - I love the recipes - and I try an check the boards and offer advice when I feel I can. I also hadn't been feeling well in some other areas -- and that limits my computer time... Turns out I have fibromyalgia -- which explains a lot! But now I am off on a tangent. Truth is -- Heather's advice has given my life back to me. I can eat without worry. Great guidelines --- and I can't imagine how I lived before (constantly in the bathroom is how it was).

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review