All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Non-stop nausea
      #25478 - 11/04/03 01:17 PM
sarenee

Reged: 11/04/03

I've had IBS for about 4 years, however it's just been diagnosed in the last year. I've been reading Heather's books and following all of the guidelines and still having problems. I'm on Zelnorm which has tremendously reduced my pain and helped with the constipation, but I am still having nausea. I'm only eating the "safe foods" I have limited my vegetables to mushrooms and some cooked onions. My fruits are applesauce, papaya, and bananas, and I only eat chicken and soy meat along with lots of safe breads, noodles, rices, cereals and potatoes. What could be causing this nausea? -It is generally accompained by a feeling that is somewhere between being full and being hungry (like when you're not sure which one it is). I am under tremendous amounts of stress, but I'm eating good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Non-stop nausea new
      #25479 - 11/04/03 01:20 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I feel that EXACT SAME WAY!! No one has said it so clearly before, feeling nauseous, but also feeling sort of overly full but yet hungry. What IS that??? I feel that way right now but just went and ate some saltines anyway.

Hope you get some answers, this is just a reply to say I know that feeling!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#25483 - 11/04/03 01:35 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've done some other posts recently on homeopathic remedies for nausea, which I rely on. The "grazing" style of eating helps me as well.

Unfortunately, I've found that stress really aggravates this.

Linz

#25489 - 11/04/03 01:59 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I get the exact same way Sarenee and Michelle. Usually after I've eaten - even if it's a small snack of safe food.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#25491 - 11/04/03 02:07 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey Sarenee I remember feeling like that a lot when I was pregnant (the feeling hungry but full) I would always think my tummy is so hungry but I cant stand to have the food in my mouth. FUNNY!! I still get that way sometimes. My grandma lives on ginger. She thinks that can cure everything. Try some ginger supplements or even ginger tea! Ginger is recomended for nausea and morning sickness. So I think that might help you!!

Good luck...sorry you feel so yucky. Its hard when you are doing everything you can think of and you still feel like crap!!!

I hope you feel better soon!
Steph

--------------------

#25557 - 11/05/03 03:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh, I forgot to say - ginger nut biscuits are really good for sea-sickness, so maybe you could find some dairy free ones to nibble on?

#25566 - 11/05/03 06:17 AM
Rmuggins

Reged: 10/23/03

My gastrologist just recommended dramimine for this problem. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but thought I would pass the info along. Good luck with feeling better.

#25724 - 11/06/03 01:51 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try LOTS of ginger tea. It's great for nausea. Dice up a fresh root and put a slice the size of a quarter in boiling water.
Make sure you're not eating too much at one time. Eat lightly and more frequently.
I know exactly how you feel. I felt nauseous all the time when I started having IBS problems. Once you manage your diet and learn how to cope, hopefully the nausea will ease. It may take some time.
As you said, you are majorly stressed. That will cause nausea in anyone - not just people with IBS.
Try walking, getting fresh air, ANYTHING you can to relax yourself and ease your stressload. Take care of yourself. That will likely help things out too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#25728 - 11/06/03 05:42 AM
princessmichele

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: new york

This is one topic I would like clarification on ... I get a constant full but yet hungry feeling also w/ a chronic feeling of queasy/nausea. Not nausea so much where I get the waves like I'm ready to hurl or anything, just plain queasy w/ a feeling like I could be sick. Should we be eating or drinking at this point? What helps or makes worse? What is this?? What causes this??

Re:I want more clarification here, too. Heather? Any other experts? nt new
      #25729 - 11/06/03 05:45 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3488 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2666

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review