All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Metromint mint water
      #254595 - 03/26/06 03:08 PM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

I've been using this great product for a while now, and I thought I'd share about it. Metromint is a San Francisco based company with one product: Metromint mint water. And it's exactly that, water infused with peppermint. It's wonderfully refreshing, and great to bring when you need to keep your breath fresh. It's also been really helpful for IBS pain and cramping. I drink at least one bottle a day, and it seems to really help. It also doesn't aggravate my GERD, which is nice. I think it's easiest to find in health food stores and specialty stores in California, but it can also be ordered online.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Scarrlet new
      #254657 - 03/27/06 07:13 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

This seems awfully expensive - $50 for 24 bottles. How much do you pay?

I buy Poland Springs water at Sam's club - I get 36 bottles for under $5. I think that's part of why this metromint water seems outrageously priced....couldn't we just add some peppermint to regular water? Or is this product much different?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Metromint mint water new
      #254670 - 03/27/06 07:46 AM
erinb_77

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I found this wonderful product about a year ago. It isn't easy to find in Canada (my best friend came upon it in a little gas station in a town close to here). I like that it is an alternative to mint tea, and it has no artificial sweeteners. Just mint and water lol.

I don't know how much you are paying for it there. When I bought my last 12 pack it was under $10.00. I don't drink it everyday but that is because it isn't readily available here.

--------------------
Erin

I've been raving about this for a while ... new
      #254689 - 03/27/06 08:30 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Do a quick search on the diet board and the livingroom. I'm obsessed with the stuff!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

I just bought some at HEB (grocery store in the Houston area) new
      #254964 - 03/28/06 11:11 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I like it though I find it a bit strange. As if I am chewing gum and drinking water at the same time. I paid $1.39 for a 16.9 oz bottle. I think I will keep it on hand but it may not be something I drink every day.

Not bad stuff!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Metromint mint water new
      #255070 - 03/28/06 07:19 PM
poochibelly

I slowly sipped my bottle of this water...took about two hours and I think it gives me GERD like symptoms. Strange isn't it?

--------------------

Re: Scarrlet new
      #256090 - 04/04/06 01:43 AM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

The best price I've found it for is $1.29 a bottle, and sometimes a store will give a discount if you buy a whole case. It's worth shopping around. It is a little pricey, but for me it's been worth it, as there aren't many other forms of peppermint I can tolerate. It is also high quality water with high quality, pesticide free peppermint, made by a small company, all of which will make it more expensive than the average mass produced bottled water. I tend to think of it more as a medicinal beverage than a bottle of water, which makes the price more understandable. And as for adding peppermint to water, it is't entirely easy to find pure, high quality, food grade peppermint oil, and I don't know how well it would mix with water. It may not hurt to experiment, but for me there's the convenience factor.

Metromint new
      #256134 - 04/04/06 08:06 AM
poochibelly

I drank a second bottle and didn't have the gerd like symptoms I had the first time I drank one. I am fasting this week for faith based reasons and am thankful to have heard about the water...it is refreshing!

--------------------

I LOVE this stuff! I stocked up when I went to the US. Mmm, yummy! -nt- new
      #256199 - 04/04/06 11:55 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 971

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review