All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
doing badly- coming clean
      #254421 - 03/25/06 04:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It is about time I post about my trials and get some help. I have been doing bad all winter; I usually do worse in winter but this year has been especially bad. One thing is that I switched work in November and do not read meters anymore, where I could get lots of exercise and fart as needed. Now I sit too much and can't fart at all. I try to poop after lunch when I really have to but I know I would be better working from home. Also I get much less sunshine and fresh air now. I like my job and it is low stress now that I know it. I think it is fun.
On the other hand I have been depressed and have had extreme anxiety and panic attacks. This is not really at work but around 'friends', family and congregation. I am getting so stressed that I cannot do my volunteer work anymore, then the guilt makes me feel worse. I am bloated much of the time and with extreme pain at times. I have been getting weekly gurgles or more often. Most of the time I poop without it being loose but have all the other effects of D. I think that must be the acacia. Although today I had actual D. I get so nauseated and icky all over after that. I hardly miss exercising most days.
So all this feeling worthless, being in pain and being able to do so little has made me depressed and more anxious and guilty. I guess I need to go to the doc and look into some drugs for depression and anxiety ASAP. I was thinking about waiting until mid April to see if I was doing better by then but it has gotten so bad in the last 2 days I think I will fall apart if it isn't lessened soon. My husband and cats help me a lot. And I appreciate being able to say how I have been feeling. I actually went almost all day yesterday and today without eating which is unheard of for me. Then I forgot I hadn't eaten and took vitamins and was so nauseous! Well that is about it. Thanks so much for listening!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: doing badly- coming clean new
      #254510 - 03/26/06 02:33 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Minnie, Sorry you are not doing well. I considered you one of the old ones that had all the answers. ADs help a lot. Also acacia and Heather's diet. Have you tried Equalactin? It sounds good, so I'm going to try it. On donnatol, now and I want to ease off of that a bit. Phazyme or Gas-Ex help a lot. Also the warm teas. Hot packs. Do you have a good GI doc? Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Re: doing badly- coming clean new
      #254512 - 03/26/06 05:48 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Winter can be very hard - I haven't been doing so well myself. AD's or A-anxiety meds can be helpful. Zoloft helped me a lot, I'm ibs-d and after trying despiramine which is listed in heather's book as good for ibs-d and getting nowhere, I tried zoloft. (the chart in the book says its only helpful for ibs-c I think)
After a couple of bad weeks of d as I adjusted to it, it began to help a lot with the d but unfortunately not the cramps so much. So in my experience, take the chart in the book with a grain of salt - like everything else, it seems different ads work well for different people. Good luck!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: Hugs, sweetie! new
      #254515 - 03/26/06 06:05 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so sorry - I had no idea you were doing so badly! Going to the Doc ASAP is a great idea. Hopefully you can get some meds to take the anxiety down. I know - I have OCD and have panic attacks all the time - especially around crowds. You also might want to ask for a referral to a psychiatrist to see if you have a depression/anxiety thing that is worth diagnosing. It definitely sounds like you're struggling - it's probably not your fault! It could be biological.

Sending you tons of hugs. Here's all hoping we get SPRING soon! I'm sick of winter here, gal! I want sun and WARMTH!
Love, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I'm sorry your hurting, LM new
      #254532 - 03/26/06 08:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I, too, had no idea you were struggling. I thought you just weren't in the mood to post.

I agree with Alicia, time to get medical help for this. It could give you a whole new outlook on life, if you can work with your doctor to find the right meds. It's all trial and error, unfortunately, and may take some time to start helping...so the sooner the better. You have taken a great step just in aknowledging you need a little help right now. I believe that once you get to a certain level of "low", it's just not possible to to fight it off without some chemical intervention. A way to get your chemicals back in balance.

I'm not sure if you think the Acacia is still helping you are is actually causing you more bloat and gas now. Have you tried cutting back on it or changing SFSs or going without?

I hope you stick around...not only because I think you deserve the support, but because I miss you so darn much! You have helped so many people...let us help you however we can...even if it's just to iisten.

Hugs!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

How ya doing LM? new
      #255728 - 04/01/06 12:39 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

a little better new
      #255749 - 04/01/06 05:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I haven't been so uncomfortable all this week and I had a great day off on Wednesday. I go to the doc Monday. I feel depressed but not when happily at home with husband and cats and not thinking about stressful things or what makes me guilty. I'll see what the doc advises. I hope she gives me something that curtails hunger too.
Thanks for asking Beth! Did you get my recipes e-mail?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: a little better new
      #255775 - 04/02/06 09:21 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble, but glad you're feeling a little better. I hope your doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Tamara new
      #255813 - 04/02/06 03:02 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Just reading this now, hope you are doing ok.

The change of job is such a lifestyle change that it takes some time I suppose to get used to and get a rhythm going etc.

Are you writing much at the moment?

--------------------
S.

Re: a little better new
      #255821 - 04/02/06 03:31 PM
Augie

Well, that's good. Here's to more days like Wednesday...and to always feeling like you do when your with DH and kitties.

I did get your recipes...but don't think they are safe for me. Maybe too spicy/gassy/iffy. But thank you for sending them to me, personally.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 888 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review