All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going to New Orleans for 7 days....Need help!!!!!
      #254342 - 03/24/06 10:19 PM
tayjay

Reged: 11/28/05
Loc: Auburn University, Alabama

Hello all! I am going on a mission trip to new orleans for a week to help rebuild! I leave on sunday, and I am really excited, except for the fact that the food situation will more than likely be a problem. We will be staying in fema tents and the food will also be provided by fema. With that said, I'm guessing the food is more than likely NOT going to be IBS safe. I can possibly handle breakfast and maybe lunch, but as far as dinner I have no idea what kind of food to bring. Also, I'm not sure if they will have refrigerators and/or microwaves in the tents.I need some serious suggestions!!! I need something to keep me energized, but at the same time keep my from having to go all the time, and if I can help it, keep me from having gas!!! I find that on most trips, even though I am IBS-D, I feel horribly bloated and C w/gas! I need help!!!!
Also, keep in mind, no soy..I'm allergic. Please, Help help help!!!!!!

--------------------
Taylor
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to New Orleans for 7 days....Need help!!!!! new
      #254350 - 03/25/06 05:38 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Here are a few things that I always pack when I leave town:
pretzels, luna bars, cheerios, bananas, can of tuna, rice cakes, fruit cups (del monte does not have hfcs). If I think of anything else I will let you know. Just try to stay calm and relaxed and not thing about our tummys. Oh yeah... lots of immodium:).

I think it is great what you are going to be doing. Sometimes I still can not believe the devastation down there and what it looks like.

#254361 - 03/25/06 07:41 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

It's probable that they'll have hot water available, so bring lots of tea bags, instant oatmeal, and cup a soup. Bring along a travel mug and a spoon. I get Lipton's original cup a soup (not creamy, and no MSG).

A lot of people rely on Luna bars when travelling but they have soy in them, so don't bother.
Good luck!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#254409 - 03/25/06 02:10 PM
Kayaker

Reged: 03/14/06
Loc: Midwest

When out of town, I often take flour tortillas. They do not have to be refrigerated. They don't take up space. On a backpacking trip, I also took a squeeze bottle of pnut butter. I can tolerate little amounts of it. It tasted mighty good on a tortilla after carrying my backpack a long distance. I am not sure how safe the squeeze bottles are for most people with IBS. I am also partial to organic applesauce in the little cups. I have learned how to drink them so I don't need a spoon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 527

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review