All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Caffeine???
      #254184 - 03/24/06 09:52 AM
Annie80

Reged: 03/22/06

Ok so I used to be an IBS-A with a lean towards the C. I began relapsing on my panic attacks so I was given Klonopin and ever since then I have been IBS-D which has forced me to seriously reconsider the way I eat. I used to look for foods that people said made you go. I was even on Zelnorm, but now I can't take that and my best friend in the morning was my coffee, which now is my worst enemy. I thought switching to tea would be better because that never made me go either way, but now it has been hurting me. I find that when I don't drink my coffee. I crash hard towards the end of the work day. Also I read that B12 is good to take on a daily basis. Is that true?

Edited by Annie80 (03/24/06 09:59 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pretzels?? Caffeine??? new
      #254186 - 03/24/06 10:02 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Annie,

I'm a pretzeloholoic. I eat them almost every day & I'm an IBS-C. Not sure where they fit in, but I would think it's kinda like dry bread.
As for caffeine, yeah alot of us had to give up coffee. But I remember when I did, I felt SO MUCH better! I also cut out soda. Wow, what a difference.
Maybe try an all natural apple juice. I drink mine warm & it's a nice pick-me-up. Hope this helps!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#254199 - 03/24/06 10:50 AM
Annie80

Reged: 03/22/06

Thanks for the reponse. Warm apple juice sounds good, but I am also a bad acid refluxer. Is apple juice bad for that?

#254204 - 03/24/06 11:34 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I don't think warm apple juice should hurt your acid reflux. Here's an idea, for more recipes, go to the recipe board. maybe they'll have more ideas. Why didn't I think of that before??

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

B12 new
      #254658 - 03/27/06 07:15 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

B12 is good to take! It helps people who suffer from seasonal disorder too! I know someone who takes it twice a day and she hasn't been affected in quite some time now. I take one a day, typically.

Hard to break the caffeine. I have never had coffee...but I'm seriously addicted to coca-cola. I'm on day 5 for not having any. It has been a struggle. But my body is already feeling better.

Did you try the warm apple juice? I can't drink fruit juices...except orange juice once in awhile...or I get super gassy, icky.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1030 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review