All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"Pure corn crystallised fructose" - bad?
      #253771 - 03/22/06 01:13 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Another question!

I've found a website selling luna bars in the UK with low(ish) postage, selling vegan stuff, so seeing what else I can stock my cupboards up with. There's a chocolate pudding 'low fat, dairy free' etc etc, but in the list of ingredients it features 'pure corn crystallised fructose' - is this really dangerous??

Other ingredients all seemed ok. Link:
http://www.veganstore.co.uk/dixie_brownie_files/IMAGE3.GIF

Other stuff in my basket - cheese sauce mix, cheesecake mix, pancake mix, dairy-free easter egg (yum!), luna bars and dairy free squirty cream! All treats, to be had in low qtys, but safe bar fat content.

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Pure corn crystallised fructose" - bad? new
      #253774 - 03/22/06 01:27 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I would think the real chocolate chips would be bad. Chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, these basically mean chocolate! I would check out other brownie recipes that don't have choc chips in them.

I'm not sure if the pure corn crystallized fructose is as bad as High Fructose Corn Syrup, but it is made by doing even more processing to HFCS so my guess is nope.

Hope that helps,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#253778 - 03/22/06 01:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

That should be fine for most people. I understand fructose in foods generally comes from corn and so it is probably just less processed corn syrup IMHO. I hope the other dairy free products work out. Dairy free chocolates are fine in small quantities and with other foods to make the fat under 30%. So in the brownies it should be fine. What is squirty cream?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#253786 - 03/22/06 02:10 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Cream in a pressurised can, to squirt over deserts and stuff. Used to love it when I was younger, so when I saw it I just had to have it!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

oh that is like our Redi Whip -nt new
      #253823 - 03/22/06 05:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I just asked about a brownie mix recently new
      #253856 - 03/22/06 07:41 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

They turned out so yummy...but my tummy has been really off since I've been eating them every night. Hmmm....coincidence? Or is it the chocolate???

Let me know how you do with them, okay?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1881

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review