All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Been feeling rubbish then get ill! I think... (Long post)
      #252590 - 03/16/06 06:24 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Right, this may turn into a long self-pitying moan, so look away now if you don't have the time or patience...!!

I've been having my worst few weeks ever with my IBS. Previously, for past 18 months or so, it's been IBS-D, and only really bad when I was out/getting ready to go out - in the comfort of my own home it never really bothered me that much. But lately the pain has increased in both frequency (just about every day) and intensity (I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have this huge fear of childbirth now, after all this pain!), and I'm occasionally constipated for a couple of days, accompanied by the pain, and finished off with explosive D. And not only have my symptoms got way worse, but I'm getting them all the time! I'm not able to work right now, but studying full time hours at home on a distance-learning degree course, so i'm basically at home every minute of every day, and my symptoms are hitting me all the time.

What's really horrible, and tiring, is that I had a couple of bad experiences going to bed (I recently moved in with my man, and we have a one bathroom house, where the bedroom is upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs at the opposite end of the house) and having to keep getting up and rushing to the toilet. So I now sit down here for hours after he goes to bed, waiting for a quiet tummy time and to get so tired I'll fall straight asleep when I get in bed. (As I type it's 2am and I'm waiting to feel better before I join my other half) Although I was always tired before, and lethargic from my symptoms, now I'm completely shattered every day, and don't know how to break the cycle. I've also been woken from deep sleep like 4 times in the past fortnight, by severe pain and having to run to the toilet for either soft, painful, hard or gassy BM's.

I used to look forward to going to bed, as symptoms couldn't and didn't hit me in my sleep, but now I feel like even that, my last place to escape to, has been overtaken by the IBS monster.

I hate sounding so pathetic, but I'm getting more and more down every day, I'm crying so often. Grrrr, I hate what IBS has turned me into! I haven't left the house for 2 weeks now too, and feel so bad.

And now, I'm ill...I think! Does anyone else get frustrated that you can't quite work out if you have a stomach bug or something, or if you just have new or particularly nasty IBS symptoms to add to the list?! I went to bed at 3am last night, only to be woken at 4am with the pain. I raced to the toilet, and as I sat there with lots of pain and wind (desperate to have a BM but couldn't) I started to feel really sick. Not just nauseous, but really like I was going to be sick. Unfortunately I'm phobic about throwing up (have only ever been sick a couple of times, I'm great at resisting it ) , so tried not too for ages - usually if i can get something out 'the other end' the feeling sick thing goes. But the thing is, I have never felt sick from the IBS, so I figured I was ill. Anyways, I was up all night, sat on loo with my head in a bucket, in the end feeling so terrible I was trying to throw up, but couldn't. I tried to snuggle my boyfriend once, about 6.30am, but was up in 5 minutes, back down to the loo. I finally started to ease up about 9am this momrning, and slept til 3pm! But as today has gone on I've started to feel bad again, and as I sit here I feel quite sick again, though not as bad as last night.

So... Am I ill, or do I just have new symptoms?! Feel like I'm going a bit crazy. Really hoping it's a stomach bug. Only ate a bagel with soya spread, baked potato with soya spread and a plain hot cross bun all day, so nothing that would normally set me off particuarly.

Help! I'm so sorry for ranting/whining, but I needed to get it off my chest, I'm not used to feeling so depressed. My boyfriend's great, he tries to understand (he actually had a peek on ibsboards.com earlier, and is going to have a proper look later - trying to support me in finding out about IBS more than he has so far, we had a heart to heart the other night), but he has his own problems right now, also bowel related, and is waiting for the results from a colonoscopy, so I can't moan to him too much.

On a positive note, I have just ordered a 113 food intolerance testing kit from YorkTest, which should arrive tomorrow, so I should soon be finding out soon if there's anything I really need to avoid, outside the usual IBS triggers. Knowing me I'll be allergic to bread, potatoes, etc!!

Anyway I'll quit now, I know there are millions of people in the world right now going through a things a thousand times worse than I am, but feeling so down and lonely I just couldn't help sharing it on here.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Done now.

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Been feeling rubbish then get ill! I think... (Long post) new
      #252612 - 03/16/06 08:17 PM
Letty

Reged: 03/15/06
Loc: Bullhead City, Arizona

Even though this is my first time on the boards, I too, have the same symptoms. My IBS-D always goes hand in hand with nausea and vomiting. I just read that the vomiting and nausea is related to the actual pain, not the IBS. I, too, hated vomiting my whole life, but now that I'm having more and more attacks, I just feel so much better when I do let it all out. It relieves my symptoms faster. My husband has taken to just using the extra bedroom when I'm not feeling well. That's the only way he's going to get any sleep. The pain is so dreadful, I moan and cry. But he is so wonderful and supportive. I just feel bad for him. I had a bad day today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Good Luck to the both of us.

--------------------
IBS-D,ACID REFLUX, PANIC ATTACKS

?How do I live without my Cholula Hot Sauce?

Re: Been feeling rubbish then get ill! I think... (Long post) new
      #252714 - 03/17/06 11:24 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

If the pain has come on suddenly, and it doesn't go away after a couple days. I'd go to the doc just to rule out anything else. I always wonder how one with IBS would know if they were having and IBS attack, or say appendicitis, or gall bladder attack. I sure hope it goes away for you though!! Take good care.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 834 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review