All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Somebody upstairs doesn't like me...!
      #25221 - 11/02/03 04:34 PM
Tim G

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: NSW, Australia

There has never been a truer sentiment expressed than that of Marvin the manic depressed robot in Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy "Life, don't talk to me about life".

Feel free to skip the rest as it's just another whinge, but I am really feeling low at the moment.

2003 has been a right-off for me and I really am starting to wish that I had stayed in bed and hibernated through it. First there ware the rediculous work pressures that led to my being diagnosed with IBS (after all the horrible and invasive tests), then my company began beating me up due to attendance as a result of the IBS and now...

On Saturday 25th October the heavens opened and spilled a seemingly endless barage of marble sized hailstones onto our house, car and garden; as a result the garden is a right-off, the car looks like it has been pumelled by a mouse wielding a miniature mallet and the house has suffered a significant amount of damage both interally and externally.

When the storm struck it was all hands to the pumps to keep the water from getting in as gutters became blocked and then, when the rain came, washed back into the house at three seperate points.

When it was all over my wife and I sat back and thought 'Well, at least we are insured!!'; of course nothing is that simple and now I have the delightful task of fighting tooth and nail with the insurance company's assessors!! Although things are looking pretty good on the insurance company I am so sick of having to fight to get the simplest of tasks done correctly!! -Sigh

Anyway, that's my whinge over. At least my company have backed off a little and are actively helping to try and get me back to work.

I have my fingers crossed that 2004 will be a brighter year!!

Tim

--------------------
Tim

-A poor man's Jamie Oliver...without the attitude!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Somebody upstairs doesn't like me...! new
      #25256 - 11/02/03 08:20 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Tim,
I know how you feel.....at least abt the IBS. I've been having soooooooo much trouble w/Internist & GI. Now you have this on top of it....BUT KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!!!!! Something has to break for you real soon.

Let's hope 2004 is much better!!!!!!

All the best,

Marnie

Good luck Tim - Hope things go better soon! -nt new
      #25279 - 11/03/03 05:51 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#25280 - 11/03/03 05:52 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Tim,

I am sorry you have had such a tough year...sometimes I have to think about the things I am thankful for...my husband and family.

And a house (although yours got hailed) atleast you got one to be hailed.

Life throws us curves and although it's hard, keep your chin up and try to remain positive.

Here's hopin' your 2004 is better!

Take care,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#25288 - 11/03/03 07:26 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Oh wow, Tim! When reading the beginning of the post, I kept thinking, "I hope he's insured.." so luckily you were, even if fighting the insurance people is a hassle!

Sorry to hear about your awful 2003! It's almost over!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#25297 - 11/03/03 07:57 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Tim, I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through lately. It's true, sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. I hope you get things straightened out with your insurance company. Hang in there, brighter days will come again!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#25318 - 11/03/03 09:44 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Tim,
I'm so sorry to hear about what's been happening. I agree with you -- 2003 has been a rough year.

But, just think...it's already November. Here's to a better 2004!

Hang in there!
Kristine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1616 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review