All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnant and IBS...help!
      #251957 - 03/13/06 01:16 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and well...my IBS has resurfaced after months of feeling much better. I have really watched my diet, and was taking amitryptaline (10mg/day) as well as Buscopan when needed.
My question is...what is out there for my IBS attacks now that I am pregnant? If anyone can pass on info I'd GREATLY appreciate it. I have stopped both meds and am now relying on diet. However, the diarrhea has resurfaced and I am at a loss.
Thanks for the support.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant and IBS...help! new
      #251963 - 03/13/06 01:30 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Hi~ I too am 8 weeks pregnant and my IBS has been acting crazy. I was pretty stable before but now it is a different story. I too have D and take immodium when it gets really bad. I stay home with our 2 year old son, so most of the time I just suck it up and take it so I dont always have to use immodium. I cheat alot so that may be why my stomach is somewhat worse, but even on the safe days it is still bad. I have not found anything to help except for a hot hot shower. Just try to stay relaxed and stress free and hopefully once we get out of our first trimesters our tummys will start to feel better. Good luck and congratulations!

#252002 - 03/13/06 05:19 PM
MichelleB

Wow...fun that we are both 8 weeks along. This is my first pregnancy and so I am totally nervous....which isn't making the first trimester any easier! I am glad to hear that Immodium is safe. At least I have that to fall back on. Did you take any prescription meds before?

#252022 - 03/13/06 06:16 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Hi~ No, I have not taken any prescription meds with either pregnancy. The only meds I take are tylenol & immodium. I try not to take them but sometimes I need to. Oh yeah, I take a prenatal vitamin called natelle. Only a few more weeks and we will be out of our first trimester and things should start to ease up. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Re: There's a sticky post at the top of the beginning page.... new
      #252093 - 03/14/06 05:34 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

There's tons of information there. You can also do a board search - hit the search button at the top of the page and type in pregnancy. After that, if you have any further questions, be sure to ask!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: There's a sticky post at the top of the beginning page.... new
      #252106 - 03/14/06 07:00 AM
MichelleB

Thanks...I have read the sticky post and there is a ton of info.
I'll be sure to keep up with messages if I have any questions.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review