All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS, Probiotics, and Soy
      #250472 - 03/07/06 10:38 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

Hey Gang, I haven't posted in a while but have had some much improved health as of late! I went to have my metabolic typing done. It seemed kind of hokey but thought it was worth a try with all the problems I was having. It seemed that EVERYTHING I ate was giving me problems and I felt like I couldn't leave the house anymore. It was getting so depressing that I had to do something. Anyway, I answered all the crazy questions and got my results. The nutritionist I spoke to recommended specific vitamins, a probiotic and some other supplements. I was skeptical at best! One of the things that came back in my screening was to avoid soy. I've never been able to take vitamins without throwing up. But I ordered some and began taking one a day. After a couple months, I was feeling MUCH better. I got rid of the soy and my stomach evened out. As a test I ate some soy ice cream and sure enough, next day I was miserable. The probiotic got rid of my chronic yeast infections and also seemed to help my digestive tract. I can eat dairy again in limited quantities. I've switched to organic meats and veggies (for me and my girls). I still have IBS and somedays it flares up but usually once a month when my hormones go nuts! I think nursing for 5 years and having a crash c-section and losing so much blood just really wiped my body out and it needed to be re-built so to speak!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!!!
Rena

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS, Probiotics, and Soy new
      #250475 - 03/07/06 10:44 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

That is great that you are feeling so well these days. What kind of testing did you have done for the soy to come up for you to avoid? Was it blood testing??

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

how do you like your probiotics? new
      #250519 - 03/07/06 12:13 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i used to take one in 2003 for my IBS [C] and found that they didnt really help. they made me gain weight and i always felt bloated, knotted and uncomfortable. i just posted a question about probiotics in soy wondering perhaps if that could still be triggering my IBS and i just dont know it.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1727 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review