All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tossing and turning at night
      #250428 - 03/07/06 08:54 AM
jacie

Reged: 03/07/06
Loc: Kansas

at night i toss and turn because it often hurts to breathe and i have pains in my back and side areas. I sleep with my knees almost completely to my chest. I think it is due to bloating and gas but iam not sure. I was wondering if anyone had used that peppermint tea or fennel tea for the bloating or gas.. I need something quick..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Elastic waistband a no-no! new
      #250430 - 03/07/06 08:57 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Try sleeping with NOTHING around your waist (like pajamas, or even undies ). Switching to a simple nightshirt really cut down on my night attacks, which until then were almost aevery night. Good luck--

~nelly~

Re: Elastic waistband a no-no! new
      #250431 - 03/07/06 09:02 AM
jacie

will try thanks so much !

Re: tossing and turning at night new
      #250447 - 03/07/06 09:33 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I do the "knees to the chest" move when I'm cramping at night too! I think this might actually make things worse since I'm tensing up my body. I would try both teas - the fennel tea with meals to help with bloating (see the most recent newsletter) and the peppermint tea before bed will help with the cramping. Also, check out the yoga poses for bloating and gas. Hope you feel better soon and get a good night's sleep!

#250766 - 03/08/06 10:57 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hot peppermint or fennel tea before bed can help a huge amount. Have you tried keeping a heating pad or hot water bottle on your belly when you go to bed? That's my sure cure when I have evening cramping.

I second making sure that you have nothing tight around your belly at night - ooh, just the thought gives me cramps, and I'm stable!

--AC

#250773 - 03/08/06 11:36 AM
moon01064

Reged: 02/16/06

I started drinking Heather's Fennel Tea (which I recommend over the brands in the stores) about 2 weeks ago and it's been great...very helpful. Another thing that I use often is a Heating Pad...this is EVEN MORE HELPFUL!! Both things help with bloating, gas, pain and it relaxes your system and slows and stops the contractions and spasms..I highly recommend both...they certainly help me A LOT!! =o)

GOOD LUCK!

#251105 - 03/09/06 11:39 AM
jacie

i ordered heathers diet #1, and i ended up getting me some peppermint tea beforehand to see about the pains.. It really works! Iam going to try the heating pad and the fennel tea as soon as i get it.. I really appreicate all the input i have gotten.. hopefully nomore sleepless nights for me ! yay!

#251112 - 03/09/06 11:50 AM
moon01064

Reged: 02/16/06

Sounds great!!!! =o) Best of luck!! You'll see how all these things combined with the IBS diet...will change your life!! It did for me!

#251959 - 03/13/06 01:25 PM
Jackey

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I have been using Heather's Peppermint and Fennel teas from the beginning. In fact, I also take Heather's Peppermint Oil capsule with the tea. In fact, I put the peppermint and fennel tea bags in the same cup! 3x per day at least. That helps tremendously with the attacks. But, it never helped cure my sleepness nights. What did was a trip to my Herbologist, who gave me a special tea...don't ask me what's in it...I don't know. All I do know is that for 4 nights now I have had the deepest sleep I ever had and wake up refreshed in the morning. This has cut down on the stress on my body during the day quite a bit. FYI...I take ALL of Heather's products, including the hypnotherapy tapes. I do power yoga 3x per week, and weights 2-3x per week. I have cut out ALL triggers. After 8 months I am now at the point that I have attacks only during my menstrual cycle. Oh, I do accupuncture, too. A lot of stuff, but ohhh the joy of feeling good again! (IBS-C)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 523 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review