All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
probiotics and C?
      #250340 - 03/06/06 07:51 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

do any Cer's out there take probiotics? if yes, how do they help? ive only read/heard of them being helpful to D's. once i took them and nothing changed. anyways, i buy a dairy-free soy yogurt that has live-active cultures [probiotics] and i recently started drinking soy-kefir. i was wondering if they could be a contributing reason as to why i am not any less C then i was before i started drinking them? thanks guys, for any comments

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: probiotics and C? new
      #250345 - 03/06/06 08:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

For how long have you been taking the probiotics? It usually takes 2-3 months to notice a difference.

#250355 - 03/06/06 08:59 PM
little bear

ive been eating my probiotic soy yogurt waay longer then 3 months..probably since '05? and ive been drinking kefir for 3-4 weeks. when i first began drinking the kefir i noticed a HUGE difference--but then it changed? for no reason. i dont want to rule it out. theres no fiber anyway.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

I'm a C'er and have been taking probiotics for almost 2 years new
      #250371 - 03/07/06 05:28 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I notice a big difference in my bloating and gassiness if I leave them off. If you have ever seen any of my other posts, the probiotic use has been a HUGE help to my sinuses too. I use Jarrodophilus EPS.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

I've taken probiotics for a few years. new
      #250386 - 03/07/06 06:42 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Unfortunately they haven't helped the C at all that I can tell.

Is the Kefir/yogurt helping you? I couldn't tell from your post if they have helped the C or if you haven't been any less C with them.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

it was wierd.. new
      #250580 - 03/07/06 01:29 PM
little bear

for some time i was up in the air about fiber supp as you know. remember that 'triple fiber' i tried? after that i stopped psyllium..then slowly started adding in again, careful not to over-do it, get gas and get C. things went well and at a peak i tried some strawberry soy kefir i saw at whole foods. i just took "shots" of it--no more then 2 OZ cuz its sour and at first it was gross to me. i immediately felt relief and saw..ahem..MORE results--but the *POOF!* out of nowhere someone deemed me unworthy of bathroom breaks and im back at square one.....again. by now im quite familiar with this place. i hate this so much! i used to have a life..things used to just "be" and now? its all around my IBS. everything i eat is for IBS and for nothing. harrumph. if i couldnt be slightly comical about it i think id really be in a hole.

sorry for the long story. im not any less C then i was when i began drinking the kefir.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

reguarding your living cultures.. new
      #250629 - 03/07/06 04:03 PM
little bear

i know that kefir contains 10 probiotic-living cultures. how can i be sure which one would be the best for me? i actually just read another of your replies recommending this same probiotic jarrodophilis. do you know by chance, if they happen to contain any gelatin in the capsule? or any preservatives? also--as a C, do you notice a big difference in your BMs? idont mean to be forward--i would LOVE relief from my gas/bloating. those 2 in-combination *i think* is what causes my C!! those 2 things really stress me out alot. anyways thanks again for the reply! get back when you can--bye

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#250657 - 03/07/06 06:15 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Maybe the soy is a problem? Eventough it's healthy, not everyone can tolerate it.

I know, I know new
      #250669 - 03/07/06 06:49 PM
Augie

It is horrible isn't it. How our lives revolve around how our bowels behave...or rather, don't behave.

How about starting the Acacia again, in addition to the psyllium you are taking? Or increasing the psyllium? I don't know. I'm still indecisive about fiber supplement too. Don't know if they cause harm (gas, bloat) or help. At least you know your not alone, sweetie. Big hugs!

--------------------
~ Beth

one more thought new
      #250671 - 03/07/06 06:51 PM
Augie

how about cutting out soy? You can get Kefir starter and add rice milk to it. I think that's what Kandee does. I don't eat anything soy because I'm afraid of gas/bloat. Except for a little soy sauce (Braggs) once in a while.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 327 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review