All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
C-ers.... Do you do this?
      #248800 - 02/26/06 04:42 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

When I'm feeling a little bloated or C, I sometimes think that I need to eat more food, to help things along. But this only makes it worse. But, for me, being bloated/C makes me want to eat more. Is that messed up or what? Am I alone out there?

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: C-ers.... Do you do this? new
      #248816 - 02/26/06 06:32 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

No I feel the same way. I think well the more IF I eat I will help get things moving. The only thing that really helps me is to drink fennel tea and sometimes Gas-X. Mostly the tea. The warmth and the fennel really help the bloating. Sometimes a heating pad will help also.

#248932 - 02/27/06 12:22 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oooooh, yeah, I used to do this all the time. In fact, I'd head right for the fattiest foods to (unconsciously) trigger myself. And yeah, I'd regret it as soon as I started cramping up!

Now, I consciously tell myself to exercise more, drink more liquids, and eat more IF. And it works without giving me an attack, even if I have to be a wee bit more patient than I did when I would eat butter & peanut butter toast....

--AC

#249504 - 03/01/06 01:17 PM
melissamonica

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I do exactly the same thing- and guess what- 8 out of 10 times it only makes things worse.
So u definately aren't alone.

#249507 - 03/01/06 01:30 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

YES! I confess I have done this. And sometimes it helps and I WILL have a BM and other times it makes it worse. I'm so glad you posted this...I always used to think I was nuts! Now I know I'm just a normal Cer

How are you Jules? It's super to see you! How's your baby doing? hope all's well *hugs*

Love,

Sarala (Ruchie)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#249734 - 03/02/06 01:13 PM
jules

Thanks for your responses. I think I have separate non-IBS related eating issues as well. But I'm glad I'm not alone.

Ruchie, I'm doing well. My little boy is almost eight months old and is the joy of my life!

I hope you're doing well. I don't post much but read a lot and I hope that you are feeing well. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Take care of yourself!

--------------------
~jules

#250713 - 03/08/06 07:13 AM
jacie

Reged: 03/07/06
Loc: Kansas

I know exactly how you feel. I do the exact same. When my Ibs acts up I want to eat more. I think sometimes when you have stomach pains in reaction with our brain it makes us think we are hungry when really we arent. The pains are mistaken. Kinda how when babies have a tummy ache they want to eat more and more and it just makes it worse. I find myself eating more when i have pains, it is wierd my husband will always say,, I thought your stomach hurt, and here you are eating again ! Iam sitting there in misery saying yes i know!

#250769 - 03/08/06 11:02 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, I do it too. The big reason, I think, is that eating gives me physical pleasure - so it offers a temporary relief/distraction from the pain and discomfort. And just because your colon is like rush-hour gridlock doesn't mean your stomach isn't empty and wants food! But I agree, it's kind of hard to know what to do: on the one hand I think it's important to keep eating, to keep giving your body the message to move things along, but on the other hand it often results in feeling even worse.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#250785 - 03/08/06 12:37 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I also thought I was the only one!!! I'm C too and to me my body tells me I'm full (pain and bloating),but my brain keeps telling me to eat something. I feel hungry 24 hours a day. It seems like even when I eat a big meal that I never am full. I'll be craving something again like 20 minutes later.

It's been so hard to control my weight. I've been trying to lose about 5 to 7 pounds before the summer months hit and it just seems like I'm going nowhere. I stay and look exactly the same and I'm exercising and everything. There are so many days I just want to give up and eat everything under the sun, but then I come to my sense and just keep on trying.

Glad it's not just me that feels like this....

Carol

#250815 - 03/08/06 03:36 PM
jules

There's more of us out there! I hate that feeling. I can relate to the physical pleasure of food. Wonder what makes us do that.

I have a doc appt monday, I'll ask him then.

--------------------
~jules

#250818 - 03/08/06 03:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Jules!

I'm glad to hear you're still in love with your baby boy

I'm doing ok. Have a cold (or bronchitus) atm...but other than that life is good. All my chrnic illnesses are helped tremdously by the right diet! So thinkgs are def. looking up (the diet is rough but if I can stick wih it I feel pretty good :0)

Again, it's great to see you hear!!! Sending you lots of love (post pics when you can!)

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#259258 - 04/20/06 12:33 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I know you wrote this post a long time ago (kinda) but that is me to a T! But I actually find that eating more in the short run does give me relief- it does give a temporary jolt to the system & will sometimes get a "bubble" to start moving along. But it is of course a catch 22.. a cycle that never stops! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one.

#259351 - 04/20/06 08:29 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

You are most definitely NOT alone. I always think that if I eat more, it has to come out. I am learning, slowly, that it's not quite that simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2026 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review