All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ordering cheese-less pizza :)
      #248601 - 02/25/06 08:48 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Anyone else do this? I recently started getting cheese-less pizza. I tried it before but didn't like the toppings I got so wasn't a fan, but now that I figured out what toppings I like it's much better Last week I got it with tomato, spinach and mushroom toppings, and then last week got it with tomato, roasted red pepper, and mushroomsd. To me the most important thing is putting on lots of salt and pepper(I was missing the saltiness of the cheese)...that adds lots to the flavor! Anyway, I didn't even want any of my boyfriend's cheese pizza, mine was tasty enough

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ordering cheese-less pizza :) new
      #248608 - 02/25/06 09:14 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i do that too, but only at mountain mike's pizza, because most other places have milk in the dough too...and/or high frustose corn syrup in the sauce...but mountain mike doens't do that..i get tomatoes and olives, then my fiance gets the all you can eat thing (on wednesdays) and i pick off a few pepperonies or whatever, and stick it on my pizza...haha

#248613 - 02/25/06 10:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes! I do this alot at pizza places. I like to put mushrooms,olives, and chicken on mine. Sometimes if we order in I will cook some turkey pepperoni and put it on there. I love to sprinkle garlic salt on my pizza. It gives it more of a kick!

if its dairy free crust I love it... but I ... new
      #248847 - 02/27/06 05:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

order extra sauce no cheese... the extra sauce helps hold stuff on.. and is yummy and thats enough flavor for me with the toppings most places and if its not I add hot pepper flakes and garlic to it

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#248860 - 02/27/06 07:21 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I just can't bring myself to do this. I order hot water for my own tea, skip the salad usually, and ask for no cheese on my sandwiches without worrying people looking at me like I have 3 heads, but I just cannot bring myself to ask for pizza with no cheese!

#248863 - 02/27/06 07:26 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Hey! Used to have to do this all the time for my son who had a severe milk allergy. It really tastes great with your favorite toppings and sauce!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#249161 - 02/28/06 12:43 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

I just can't bring myself to do this. I order hot water for my own tea, skip the salad usually, and ask for no cheese on my sandwiches without worrying people looking at me like I have 3 heads, but I just cannot bring myself to ask for pizza with no cheese!

lol honestly no one at the pizza places has said anything about it. Other people think I'm weird anyway so it's no big surprise

--------------------
IBS-C

#249207 - 02/28/06 03:25 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Yeah, I love it! When my boyfriend and I order pizza, we get half without cheese. Chicago Pizza offers soy cheese!

#249241 - 02/28/06 04:00 PM
JeremyL

Reged: 02/26/06
Loc: United States

It's a very common thing to do. I order online from Domino's Pizza and there is even a check box for now cheese on half or all of the pizza. It's not weird or strange and if anybody gives you attitude about it, just tell them if you eat cheese you will die. They get real serious and solemn about it when you say that and they go to great lengths to make sure there is NO CHEESE on it. :-)

#249262 - 02/28/06 04:46 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've thought about this some since I made my comment.
It was never because I thought people would look at me funny! It's more of a mental block. Pizza=cheese substance, sauce, toppings. Otherwise, to me, it's bread and sauce & toppings...which is fine...I like these. Maybe I'll step outside my "pizza definition" that the next time my husband is craving pizza out. At home, though, I shall continue with soy cheese!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review