All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: How much do you use in a day? new
      #247841 - 02/22/06 11:07 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Hehe, thanks!
I should have told you, the butter I use is Smart Balance Light Butter, it has ZERO dairy in it.
Of course I know better.

Benefiber, at the moment, is working so so, not great.
In the past, it takes awhile for it to start moving, which makes me wonder for this reason if Acadia would do more.

I remember back in late October. I ran out of Citrcucell, and was forced to use the Benefiber powder for the first time in, oh a year.
In two days I had one of the best movements ever, I felt unbelievable.
I attributed this possibly due to the Benefiber and also the fact my soluable fiber was being switched.
I don't know about others, I wonder though if soluable fiber being rotated or switched makes any difference.
I wonder if using the same soluable fiber, the body gets used to it, and hurts its effective ability.
I still managed a month later to get good results with Benefiber, but there was still was room for it to get better, and being the rebuilding state I am, I wonder if the time is ripe to switch.
I have heard so much about the potentcy of Acadia, with almost no complaints, I could use a boost.
Then again, I hate to make another Dr. Natura mistake.

In case you wondered why I don't use tea, I have only tried store bought tea.
In my experience, it helps for a few minutes, not too long, I find eating soluable fiber, dinner rolls, rice, is easier to do than tea, it also tastes better, and the effect lasts longer, so I prefer food over tea.
Again, Heather's tea by all indications appears to be abreast the store bought ones, making me wonder if this too should be experminted.

Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gracie, how much do you use in a day? new
      #247933 - 02/22/06 04:17 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I grind my own and have between 1 and 2 tablespoons a day. (I'm A so too much might give my gas and D). I have put it in a blended fruit drink, sprinkled a bit on a salad, in tuna salad mix, or I mix some in with my cranberry juice. You have to drink plenty of water throughout the day too - at least 8 cups.

#248549 - 02/24/06 08:39 PM
Naturapanic

Well, I was doing better, but now I'm worse again.
I made a big mistake, we all have our enemies.
I was in the process of shedding off the colonix, then somebody brought frosting into the house.
I went nuts, I could not stop eating it, and now I'm paying.

Oh, am I paying.
I have c, my stomach feels simply overinflated, stuffed, filled to the brim.
I tried to have a good dinner tonight, I ordered Chinese food.
I asked for the steamed chicken from the healthy dish section, with no oil included.
I got my dinner, it was swimming in a brown, greasy sauce.
I opened it after I left the store.
After having some of it, I was unsure, since it looked greasy but was supposed to not have oil, if this was indeed a bad food.
I stopped eating it.
I went back, and had a ten minute argument with the store manager having to explain my dilemna and get the money.

It didn't matter, on the way home, I became incredibly uncomfortable in my stomach.
All the work, progress I made, seemed to be going away second by second.
I was practically in tears, screaming at myself internally.
I don't want to come off as negative, but sometimes, I want to scream and surronder at the top of my lungs.
I got so far, and now I'm back to the old days of daily IBS conflicts.

The worst part is, this is really taking the fun out of life.
Tomorrow night I am supposed to go out for my birthday dinner.
Instead of being excited about it, looking foward to it tonight, I instead am almost hoping it snows and I have to cancel.
Two years, if you had told me I would have really good friends who would be taking me out to dinner for my birthday, I would have cried in happiness.
Instead all I am thinking about is how ugly I look, how all the months of training have gone to waste, and how on my birthday dinner I am going to look like a fat out of shape person, when I rarely eat bad or drink.

Which brings up another issue, they are going to want to go out drinking tomorrow.
I don't want to go. My stomach is not well right now, drinking is only going to exasperate it moreso.

The main thing, I know five years from now, if I go out tomorrow in the mentality I have right now, I will regret it.
You are supposed to enjoy moments like these, I don't want to look back in a few days or years and be thinking, boy did I waste a good oppurtunity to have fun.

I say this as I can't help shed a couple of tears, I just want to go out and have fun tomorrow, instead of having anxiety, worrying, about my appearance and IBS, that's it.
Things like that, forgetting trouble for a couple hours and chilling out, how do you do that?
To me, those things are impossible, whenever I have a problem, even if it is not IBS, I can't forget it, and it ends up dominating my thoughts at the worst time when I am trying to have fun.
I tried tonight calming myself down, I took a warm shower, took fibercon along with Benefiber, and mad Ginger Cinnamon tea, it helped calm me down, if only I know some way to help me forget IBS and enjoy myself.
I don't want to have it takeover what should be my special time tomorrow, I really do not want such to occur.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#248611 - 02/25/06 10:09 AM
Gracie

Until you are very stable, you should stay away from food that you cannot eat because they will trigger an attack like you're experiencing now.
Another thing that I think is very important is to have a positive outlook on life and your situation. I know it's easier said than done. Panicing will only make you feel worse. When I panic, my IBS gets worse so I try to force myself to stay calm and think rationally. Have you tried prayer, mediations, yoga, or the IBS Hypnosis cd's? These things can be very calming. I haven't tried the hypnosis cd's but I'd like to someday.

I hope you feel better very soon.

#248616 - 02/25/06 11:06 AM
Naturapanic

As part of trying to calm down last night, I put on relaxing music on my ipod, and read a couple of chapters in Heather's book.

I have heard of the hypnosis tapes, I was particularly struck by how they appear to be widely sucessful, it seems they offer the best chance, and it addresses the depression, anxiety I have as well.

The only problem is, I am cautious on how good therapy adminsitered by tape is, also it sounds too good to be true.
If it works so good, why haven't more people tried it?
I can't help but think finding a live person might be better, then again, the tapes do have a strong track record.

I've glanced at the board here, I have seen some negative results, so I am somewhat reserved about trying this.

I will say this, Heather's diet, Benefiber, Acidophillus, gave me a noticable change, so I wonder if this makes me responsive to hypnosis.
I also am in psychotherapy, again I don't know if this would be a conflict, having two therapists.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#248799 - 02/26/06 04:40 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I just have to let you know that the cds worked for me. I finished the program last April and I still listen to a sesison now and again, just to relax before going to bed. I'm SO thankful I found them. It's a good investment.

--------------------
~jules

#248819 - 02/26/06 07:20 PM
Naturapanic

I'm still reluctant, audio tapes can they possibly work as oppossed to one to one in person sessions?
It sounds unorthodox.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#248836 - 02/26/06 09:32 PM
Gracie

Hypnosis is not really counceling so I wouldn't think it's unorthodox.

#253623 - 03/21/06 10:45 PM
Naturapanic

Hey, I am still not back to how I was pre cleanse.
I was getting better, then two weeks ago spring break came. At the time I was feeling like I was stabilizing or on the verge. I then ate a few meals either high in fat, containing sausage, oil, and having meals at irregular times. I also went away for a weekend, ate meals less often with longer gaps in between, and had a moderate amount of drinks. Throughout last weekend, I felt very constipated and assumed it would be another 1-2 weeks of hard work before I was back to where I started.

I'm wondering if this is still recovery from the cleanse, or serequel related.
I'm a little discouraged.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#253654 - 03/22/06 07:21 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I don't know how to answer your question exactly, but I just wanted to say that I think that one thing you need to keep in mind is that this "diet" is a lifestyle change. It will not work if you cheat. I try to think of this diet as a way of eating that I will be following for the rest of my life, not so much a diet that I can stray from without consequences. The meals and food items you mention here are definite triggers....

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review