Post deleted by Naturapanic

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP! Dr. Natura Has Scared Me! new
      #247448 - 02/20/06 02:09 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Once again, your advice is unbelievable helpful, am I grateful for people like you!

I want to take this chance to state, after this experience, I WILL NEVER DO ANYTING insofar as my IBS is concerned without 1) Reading this website 2) Contradictory to Heather 3) Not in compliance with Heather's recommendation.

I swear, I want to strangle the nutrionist who repetedly kept telling me to do Dr. Natura.
After, I want to strangle myself for listening to him without doing a search on here to read that cleanses are bad.

Everything Heather has ever suggested has been dead on accurate, yet there I go, disregarding her, and runing all my progress.

Before I started Dr. Natura, I felt pretty stabilized to the point where most days, I was happy with my body, I didn't have to fear attacks.
Sure, I would get a flare up every now and then, but I was going to the bathroom, I wasn't having spasms.
This was due 90% to Heather's advice.

Now, day four after stopping Dr. Natura, I'm doing awful. This is the worst I have felt in months.
In fact, I feel just like I did up until November, totally distable.

Specifically, I am back to being bloated and having spasms, and hard, dry stools.
I go to the bathroom, I do not get a complete evacuation. I go to the bathroom, 10 minutes later I feel extremely bloated.
This is the first time I have felt this way in months.
I could before wear a shirt and not even think about IBS. Now, I can't even take off my sweater I look so bad.

I basically have regressed, after making so much progress. I have enough things to worry about, I pretty much was done with IBS as a concern. Now, thanks to Dr. Natura, I am back to having to worry and deal with the embarrassment daily.

I have battled this so hard, made major progress now, who knows. Who knows how long it will before I am back to where I was before Dr. Natura.

All I know is this. I felt better Saturday, I had a sandwich at lunch with pasta saled, Tomatoe Garlic Sauce on Rice for dinner, and yesterday, all day, I was extremely bloated and had spasms.
Each time I go to the bathroom, I feel more bloated ten minutes later, indicating spasms are occurring.
Isn't this considered a spasm or not?
I felt better today, then I had Tomatoe Sauce on bread and a tuna sandwich for lunch, and now again feel extremely bloated again. A meal in the past that would not have caused me to be bothered.
I feel like asking, is it strongly likely my current problems are due to the cleanse, or tomatoe sauce, and can the tomatoe sauce if I am unstable really be this bad in this state?

So basically, I guess I am forced now, for days or longer, to stick to rice, bread, and water.
My birthday is coming up on Wednesday, and now I likely won't be able to eat cake or enjoy myself, because my stomach is a MESS thanks to being told to do Dr. Natura. I try and help myself, I try and enjoy life, and now both get messed up. I look forward to on my birthday eating rice and drinking water, while likely still having a horrible stomach to look at.

So now, who knows, I probably can look forward to misery the next four months, none of this would have occurred if I wasn't put on that poison. I now am phsyically unstable, for who knows how long?

12 days of cleansing, ruining three good months for who knows how much .

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Hang in there... new
      #247486 - 02/20/06 05:01 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

You've basically just destabilized yourself - but you know what? It happens. Dont' beat yourself up about it. The same thing could've happened because of a big stressful event in your life that was out of your control, you know?

If it took you four months to get stable, it will probably take less time the second time around. That's usually how it goes. You're older now, wiser now, you've done it once before so you're not fumbling blindly. It's still going to take time though, so hang in there. But you know what you're doing now.

Make sure you're only staying on the all-SF diet for a few days then start adding in other foods safely. The best advice I can give you is to eat IF (especially because you're C - you CAN'T just *not* eat IF), but to puree, mash, finely chop or blend it all (so that's most veggies and fruits, beans, nuts etc.) That'll go nice and easy on the gut. Keep it really low fat, and make sure you're still eating lots of SF. Keep up with your SFS, drink lots of water and stay active.

And yeah... birthday cake is probably not a good idea... UNLESS! It's angel food cake! Just flour, egg whites and sugar, basically. Totally safe. That's what I have for my birthday every year. You can make it yourself, or you can buy it at the grocery store (most are safe, just be sure to check ingredients, i.e. for HFCS)... you could puree up some strawberries and make a nice sauce... mmmmm.

Don't worry. You'll get stable again

Re: Hang in there... new
      #247508 - 02/20/06 06:07 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks for the upbeat message.
I'll go as easy as I can.
I just can't get over how 12 days of the cleanse, and four days later, I still am feeling the effects.
I would have thought by now this would be out of my system.

I'm wondering
1) Should I take fibercon since I am c and back to having c like symptoms?
2) I am back on Benefiber, but, I accidently purchased Benefiber with Calcium, is there any difference between regular Benefiber and Benefiber with Calcium, both powders?
3) I also was put on Serequel two weeks (this probably should be asked in the medication forum) at the lowest possible dose of 25 mgs. One of the side effects of Serequel is c, so I wonder if this should be, from an IBS perspective only, be halted.
4) Do you have any guess as to when I can be back on track?

I will NEVER again listen to anybody else after this.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Hang in there... new
      #247578 - 02/21/06 09:55 AM
penpal

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Pacific Northwest

I've looked at the Dr. Natura website and it appears that the main ingredients are psyllium husks and flax seeds. Both of these (especially the psyllium) can be very irritating for people with IBS. I was amazed to see that they actually tout this product as being good for IBS (it also has some other fairly strong herbs in it). I DO take a little psyllium if I'm really C, but I have to be very careful with it as it can cause bloating and gas if I take too much. Flax seeds are very nutritious and high in calories (hence the 42 calories per dose of Dr. Natura). However, flax oxidizes very quickly (goes rancid) once it is ground, so it's best to grind whole seeds in a coffee mill each time you take it.

I'm sorry to hear you've had so much grief since you tried this supplement. In my experience "gently does it" is best to avoid IBS-C symptoms. The best thing I've found is to start the day with a big bowl of oatmeal (not the instant kind) with some soft canned fruit. This seems to give my tummy a "buffer" to absorb whatever else I eat. I also follow Heather's advice to always start eating the soluble fiber food first at each meal. For example, if I have yam, white rice or potato with chicken or fish, I eat the yam, etc. first. Everyone has different trigger foods, so it's good to keep a food diary and try to see whether certain foods cause problems.

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Penny

Flax new
      #247693 - 02/21/06 05:00 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Flax is both a soluble and insoluble fibre, and care should be taken when using it because too much will cause gas, and bloating, and possibly D if a big dose is taken. To keep your flax fresh, it is best to put it in an air tight container and put it in your refrigerator. It will keep for about a week.

Re: Flax new
      #247747 - 02/21/06 09:08 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks for your suggestion.
I saw Dr. Natura touting on their website as being good for IBS, I was the dummy though who listened.

I actually have been, for a long time, begun my day by eating oatmeal.
I actually have natural applesauce mixed with Oat Bran, then a seperate bowl of oatmeal, in addition, I always try and eat soluable fiber to start each meal.

Strangly, I find Soy Sauce, Italian dressing, Mustard, most bottled sauces you buy in stores to cause bloating in me.
I even went to Trader Joe's, and bought their natural preservative free sauces and dressing, and I still feel crummy after using them.

What I don't understand is, when I go to a restaraunt, and order food cooked with sauces or dressings, soy sauce, I don't get that.
It would seem to me that maybe the artifical flavors cause this, but I would think Trader Joe's natural sauces would be free and clear.
If this were the case, I would have expected to have trouble in restaraunts.
Do restaruants not use preservatives?
Who knows, this might be another weird IBS food issue.
I don't get it.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Gracie, how much do you use in a day? new
      #247765 - 02/22/06 06:07 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

And when do you take it? Do you grind your own or buy it already ground, such as Bob Red Mill's flaxmeal?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: How much do you use in a day? new
      #247785 - 02/22/06 07:33 AM
Naturapanic

It's day seven off the cleanse.

Current status: I seem to be doing somewhat better. I do not have spasms, and bloating is down.
I am still c, I go to the bathroom two times a day, with incomplete sessions.
I just went this morning, it was a little more soft, not as dry, like yesterday.

Current Treatment:
Benefiber powder three times a day.
Acidophillus three times a day.
Oat bran with natural applesauce and instant oatmeal in the morning, along with egg whites.
Oat bran with natural applesauce before sleep.
A half gallon of water.
Exercise.
A half cup of vegetables, spinach, cooked.
Another cup of canned peaches, pears.

Meals:
Oat bran, 1 cup applesauce
Instant Oatmeal
Egg whites

2 Graham crackers
1 cup canned peaches pears

2 Tuna sandwiches with light mayonnaise on white bread

2 dinner rolls with light butter
2 Graham crackers

Chicken breast
White Rice
1/2 cup Spinach

Oat bran with natural applesauce

This is what I am doing to get myself to the way I was pre cleanse.
Is there anything else I could do, any better treatment I could do, or am I going to have to continue to bide the bullet?
I basically went from feeling as I did in the summer over the weekend, to how I did in November.

I feel as if I get one, massive, stool movement, I will feel all better.
I'm wondering if some Apple Cider, a sugar cookie, something which makes me go rapidly I should take.
I also wonder if Heather's Acadia will work more effectively, I have had success with Benefiber, but I wonder if Acadia will work quicker.
I also wonder if I should add Fibercon.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: How much do you use in a day? new
      #247837 - 02/22/06 10:48 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Your diet looks good - except the butter!! Light or not light, butter is DAIRY. DON'T eat it.

DON'T take something that you know "makes you go quickly" - this should be obvious! That's what the cleanse did to you! Something that "makes you go quickly" is just causing spasms, causing your bowels to evacuate. And now you know all to well what happens when you intentionallly cause your gut to spasm....

I'd say stick with the SFS you're using instead of switching around a lot. In general, no SFS is "faster" than any other. Just be patient. If the Benefiber is working for you, there's no use in upsetting your gut by switching to a different one.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review