All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: I noticed the difference after about 2 or 3 months. new
      #255277 - 03/29/06 11:11 PM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

Hi- I am thinking of asking my doctor about Buspar and trying it out. I am IBS D but sometimes A. I have anxiety about my IBS attacks and I also have panic attacks.
Can I ask what other medications you take besides Buspar?
Right now I take Immodium (generic brand) , gas x, acid reducer (generic brand for acid reflux everyday and ibuprophen when I need to for lower abdominal pain when needed. I am not on anything for the panic attacks or anxiey right now. The last thing I tried was Xanax and I couldnt tell a difference.
I have a little break of time between now until when I will start my job so I want to try some things and see what works. I was just curious as to what all you take.
Thanks Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#255371 - 03/30/06 11:52 AM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

just wanted to bump- in case WInd didnt see.

Re: This made me cry, Renee new
      #255398 - 03/30/06 01:46 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Now about this beano....how many do you take with your meals? Do you take it with snacks? All meals and snacks? Or just ones containing fruits and/or veggies? For example, would you take it if you were snacking on some cereal or potato chips? Or if you ate a meal with non gassy veggies or fruits?

I know this is an older post but just wanted to answer it... I wouldn't take it with cereal that is mostly soluble fiber, or like white bread. Try it with fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains. Make sure to take it with the first bite though so it works immediatly! I definitly notice a difference, I take it every day now and feel great Augie I think this is definitly something you should try since having an ED may mess up the digestive enzymes...I'm wondering if that's what happened to me.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: I use it with brown rice and it def helps! n-t new
      #255432 - 03/30/06 03:45 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It truly makes a world of difference to use the stuff! (I'm beginning to feel like a commercial LOL!) I highly recommend it for most foods that give you problems!

It's SO great to have a place to go and discuss this with people. Non-IBSers just don't understand

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#255452 - 03/30/06 05:56 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hi Cindy. I also take Tegretol for epilepsy. If I cannot sleep, I take Temazepam. For high anxiety situations, I take Lorazepam.

Re: D/Buspar--I don't note any D side effect from this medication.

I take digestive enzymes and Beano, with food. I take Immodium for D. If required, I take simethecone (generic Gas-X, without the sorbitol/peppermint oil) before bed. I do not take an SFS. I only take vitamins D & C, currently, as well as B12 via injection (I cannot swallow most vitamins without gagging), and a Cal-Mag. cocktail/Liquid supplement for osteopenia.

IBS and epilepsy do generate a lot of anxiety. There aren't many meds. I can take for anxiety due to potential seizure conflicts with Tegretol and my chronically low sodium/potassium levels. I am impressed with Buspar and how "clean" it is, as a drug! Initially, as I mentioned I experienced nausea and that gag-reflex when taking Buspar, however, crushing/dissolving the pill eliminated this. (Goodness knows that it takes a lot of acid to break down certain chemicals!)

Best wishes, Cindy. Life on the outside isn't half as terrifying as it used to be. Heck, I'm not even ultra reluctant to answer my phone or the door, should it ring.
Things/places that triggered me, formerly, no longer have the same leverage over me. I see movies again. I visit/socialize. I can shop, etc. without a major issue.

It's not fair, to yourself, to be tyrannized by the demon, fear.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: About the eating disorder-Amber new
      #296594 - 01/15/07 07:56 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello, I also had (can still have if I allow it) an ED. I have wondered if I caused my IBS with it but when I think back I had some episodes pre:ED. I really do not think that we did this to ourselves - I really and truly don't. Just like we did not do the ED behaviour to ourselves - it is like a disease that gets inside someone. I know many people who have IBS and they have no ED behaviour.
Debbie IBS

Re: About the eating disorder-Beth new
      #296734 - 01/15/07 06:45 PM
feelinggood

Hi Beth,

It always amazing me how people are so different and yet so much the same. I too suffered with an ED for many many years. (I still have an exercise compulsion and have to go for short walks almost after every meal that I eat) I could hear my own voice and words echoing in your post. "Oh, how I wish to eat foods now that my ED is in the past and yet my IBS will not let me." I have often wondered if I am totally programmed to be filled with anxiety when I even eat - I had so many year of anxiety over food that I find it hard to beleive that it can just leave me and I can be at peace with food and my body. I do firmly believe that if this is the case that I can overcome this. The hypno tape would probably be a good thing for me to do as I do know that stress and anxiety play a part in my IBS. I do also believe that even with my ED past that I am till prone to IBS and am thankful for the Eating for IBS diet and the help and support that I receive on this board. I hope some of this made sense and hat I did not ramble too much. Debbie IBS-C

Re: This made me cry, Renee new
      #296735 - 01/15/07 06:51 PM
feelinggood

I agree that the ED is a mental illness - definitely a coping mechanism for me - I can still use it if I let the "voices" take over.

Now about the Beano - I was looking at it today and saw that mannitol was in it. I am told that it is in such a small amount that it will not hurt my IBS (I am avoiding high fructose at the moment) I would love to try it as I want to try and eat some chickpeas - even broccoli. You say that you have good results - did you take liquid or tablets? Debbie IBS-C

Re: Beano - liquid or tablets? help with low fructose tolerance? new
      #296736 - 01/15/07 06:59 PM
feelinggood

Hi, Does everyone take the liquid or tablets - I saw the tablets in the store but thought that a liquid was also available. I never have gas that comes out but stays trapped - if it helps with this and I can eat more veggies then I am definitely trying it. Does it help with low fructose tolerance? Debbie IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 384 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 70187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review