All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ladies S.O.S
      #245474 - 02/10/06 12:14 PM
tistenleigh

Reged: 10/16/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta .Canada

has anyone found some ways of feeling good when your on your period?
my IBS is super bad this time of the month ... i end up missing at least one day of work and just feeling darn miserable. HELPP
what works for you?
kristen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ladies S.O.S new
      #245496 - 02/10/06 01:06 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Not sure if you're C or D... I'm D and I'm the same way - my period almost always = an attack

Here are some things that work for me:

- eating the SF-only diet (totally or mostly) on the first day(s)/few days before my period

- sometimes i try to use immodium as a preventative during those days too, i.e. taking 1 every morning

- making sure I'm doing everything else 100% right during that time: low stress, getting enough sleep, drinking enough water etc. (obviously this doesn't always happen, but it really does help when I can stay totally on track!) Also sleeping with a heating pack on my stomach BEFORE the expected attack also seems to help. Those "Thermacare" pads are also really good for making it easy to leave the house when you're in pain. (You just stick them on to your stomach and they can stay on, hot, underneath your clothes.)

HTH!

Re: Same here new
      #245500 - 02/10/06 01:11 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm pretty much do everything Laurel does, especially using Imodium and heat packs as preventives. I also drink double-strength peppermint or chamomile tea (2 tea bags per cup).

Re: ladies S.O.S new
      #245530 - 02/10/06 03:40 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

For me, taking an advil (ibuprophen) the day before I get my period, and then the next couple of days has stopped the D attacks I was getting.

just a note... new
      #245537 - 02/10/06 04:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

any of the NSAIDS (including ibuprophens such as advil and motrin as well as aspirin, aleve and others) can be REALLY tough on the GI-system. some people can tolerate them, but generally tylenol and other non-NSAID pain relievers are better tolerated by most.

Edited by retrograde (02/10/06 04:17 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review