All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Another Option new
      #245849 - 02/12/06 08:08 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Beth, have you tried going to a naturopath, or dietician? Maybe with your situation, your diet and/or supplements need some tweeking.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Diet not work well for IBS-C new
      #245853 - 02/12/06 08:26 PM
jamminjo

Reged: 02/12/06
Loc: benicia Calif.

I was afraid of this comment as I have IBS c and find much less to work for it and less info on the subject. any great reads or diet tricks in hand, I am never constipated but usually in pain and always distended.
Mg daily is what helped my C after trying most everything

#245857 - 02/12/06 09:37 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you tried the peppermint and fennel for the pain and the distended feeling?

Re: wow, I can't believe you read through the whole thing new
      #245858 - 02/12/06 09:53 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Beth, Do you have a specific food that causes a lot of pain? Where is the pain? What relieves it? I definitely know foods that cause trouble for me: fats, coffee, dairy, acidy foods, meat, some vegetables. Rich foods of any kind. Have you tried the donnatol, the flaxseed meal, the magnesium citrate. Don't give up!! We love you. Play around with foods and pills (cautiously). Did quiting the acacia help you? Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Re: Another Option new
      #245885 - 02/13/06 06:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Awe, thanks for your continual support, Gracie (I love your name, btw).
I have never been to a naturapath...basically because they aren't covered by insurance and I know some people who have gone to them and they weren't helped at all. Some even felt worse. But I'd still like to go to one if I could afford it.

I have been to a dietician, and she was not able to help. She first put me on a low fiber diet and it didn't help. So she put me on a high fiber diet (mostly in the form of IF) and that didn't help either. I don't think dieticians have even caught up with the whole IBS condition yet.

I would love to talk to one who could provide solid advice on how to manage the combination of gluten antibodies, IBS, nonfunctioning gallbladder and delayed gastric emptying...while helping me to gain weight. I don't know it that's asking for a miracle!

Have you been to a naturopath? Has it helped you at all?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Hi dear friend! new
      #245886 - 02/13/06 06:22 AM
Augie

I haven't been able to identify any particular foods that make me worse....nor any way to relieve the pain...except for the trusty hot water bottle. I don't understand how people can pinpoint their trigger foods. How do you pick out one food when you eat numerous foods throughout the day? And maybe the irritant doesn't hit you right away.

I'm trying a GF diet again. I was on it for a year, and I don't think it helped...but I don't know what else to do.

The pain is all lower GI pain.

I'm not sure if quiting the acacia helped or hurt. I have less gas..but less BMs too, I think. But I'm not sure though. I've tried Benefiber and now Citrucel. It's hard not to give up, boo. I don't understand why I can't seem to identify foods that cause me problems. I'm not stupid! This is getting embarrassing. But I don't have anywhere else to turn besides you poor people.

You still take Acacia, right?

--------------------
~ Beth

Not for me new
      #245889 - 02/13/06 06:42 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I have found that paying attention to my own triggers and eating accordingly has done wonders. Pasta's (eggless) and white breads always made me feel as if I had a brick in my stomach. I enjoyed many of the high sugar recipes but I have never been one to eat much sugar.

I also put on 10 unwanted pounds.

I have for many years identified and paid attention to my triggers and no one elses and have found stability that way.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#245890 - 02/13/06 06:45 AM
Augie

I'm not sure I understand. You say it didn't work for your IBS-C, but then you said you are never constipated. Could you explain your situation a little more. Are you following the diet or not? Are you just relying on your magnesium for relief and not any specific diet or fiber supplement? How long were you on the diet?

How much magnesium do you take? And what form?

--------------------
~ Beth

Everyone who is able to do this... new
      #245892 - 02/13/06 06:47 AM
Augie

...reach peace and stability and know their bodies...you all are my role models.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: DOES THIS DIET REALLY WORK!! new
      #245908 - 02/13/06 09:17 AM
sgebhardt

Reged: 08/19/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I would just give it a good try. It works for some and it doesn't for others. It's been working for me. I still have bad days but not every day like it used to be. Besides what have you got to lose trying it? I would give it a good month at least if not more and see. And the food doesn't have to be bland. One of my favorites is chicken alfredo pasta. My alfredo sauce is made with soy ingredients and it tastes really good. Just be a little creative. I also make a meat sauce with yves veggie ground round (a ground beef replacement). It's so tasty that even my picky husband eats it and loves it!

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2037 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 42060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review