All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
any advice on complex situation
      #242565 - 01/29/06 03:22 PM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

Hi, all. I'm trying to figure out what is going on with me, and I thought someone here might have advice. I've had bad IBS my whole live. (I'm 43, and I've had problems since I was 17.) I often feel my IBS rules my life. Once I found Heather's diet and this site, things improved, thanks to acacia and her diet recommendations, but I seem to have started having a lot of problems again. I've always struggled with depression but am well-treated with anti-depressants. In addition to the life-long IBS, I've got (these days) anemia (treated with iron, and I've got normal blood counts now), persistent leg pain (back of the leg, which I thought might be from herpes, since you can get back of the leg pain before a herpes attack, but I'm on a medicine that prevents the attack). I'm also exhausted. All the time. I thought it was the anemia--I was super-anemic for a while--but now that my blood counts are back up, I'm wondering if something else might be the matter with me. I've been tested for celiac, but I test negative. (My dad has celiac--only diagonsed late in his life. No one else in the family has it. I'm lactose intolerant, but I'm pretty good re: avoiding lactose, caffeine, and fat. I.e., I basically stick to Heather's diet.) Anyway, long post I know, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar constellation of symptoms, and if so, what it meant. Thanks, thanks. This website (as rarely as I post) had been a godsend. Thanks, all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: any advice on complex situation new
      #242581 - 01/29/06 04:29 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

A problem with your thyriod might be making you feel tired. Have you had that checked out yet?

Re: any advice on complex situation new
      #242611 - 01/29/06 07:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

A girl recently posted in the living room that she found that her B12 levels were low and that caused fatigue. My brother had the same problem. Can be detected with a simple blood test. As with all symptoms, you really should be checked out by a Doc if they persist or change, or new ones come along.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Get checked out! new
      #242687 - 01/30/06 08:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

As you have IBS, then Fibromyalgia Syndrome is a definite possibility and covers ALL your symptoms. But to dx that your doc would rule out all the other possibilities like a thyroid issue or a B12 deficiency.

For more info on Fibro (also known as FMS) see Medicinenet's page on it here or email me.

Re: Get checked out! new
      #242846 - 01/30/06 03:13 PM
debaver

Reged: 06/27/04

Wow. Interesting, thanks. I'm sure my thyroid haas been checked out in the past. As for fibromyalgia, that was really intersting, but then all the achy points (documented on the website, thank you so much Linz) are points where I don't have aches. Hmmm ... Well, OK, I will keep pursuing things. At the doc today. Thank you! d

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 719

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review