All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP! Probiotics Bad????
      #242468 - 01/29/06 06:44 AM
busymomtn

Reged: 01/09/06
Loc: Chattanooga, TN

OK - When my IBS started in June (I think from a round of really strong antibiotics) I took several months of good probiotics. Well, now I'm starting to have more good days than bad, but still not happy - so I decided to get some more probiotics and start taking them - I got some FloraSmart from Renew Life and took the first one last night. This morning I woke up and I think I'm getting a fever blister - I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD ONE! and also feeling like I may be trying to get a yeast infection, which I hadn't had in YEARS! So my question is could the probiotics maybe set this off? I read on one of the posts that if you have candida issues, then probiotics could make it worse. What can I do to help??? I also bought some black walnut tiniture (I read on a post that it is supposed to get rid of bad bacteria) so I bought both yesterday, but now I'm really scared about taking anything. To add insult to injury - I had lunch out yesterday and triggered a bad D attack - so I'm recovering from that too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP! Probiotics Bad???? new
      #242469 - 01/29/06 07:22 AM
Virginiakearney

Reged: 01/25/06
Loc: Tennessee

Goodmorning, I also ate out last night. Taco Bell. What was I thinking. About the yeast infection, I know this sounds grose, but a Doctor told me that if you can put some (plain)yogurt up in there it should clear it up in a day or two. Ive never been brave enough to try it though. I sent you a email this morning.

Re: Hi Virgina! new
      #242474 - 01/29/06 08:11 AM
busymomtn

Thanks but I don't think it has gotten to that point yet. I sent you an email - caution! It's a book (ha ha!) I type like I talk.

#242495 - 01/29/06 10:30 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

As far as I know, probiotics are recommended when you have candidas problems. I have way too much candidas in my system and probiotics have helped keep it in check. Maybe the brand you bought doesn't agree with you?

#242497 - 01/29/06 10:42 AM
busymomtn

That's what I'm thinking. I'm already feeling better today, and the fever blister thing is going away too. I think I will try to return them - they were pretty pricey.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 720 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review