All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eating out
      #242143 - 01/27/06 01:08 PM
Virginiakearney

Reged: 01/25/06
Loc: Tennessee

Is there anywhere besides Applebees that I can go out and eat? I had a Egg bisket at Hardees this morning. I had to I was starving and in a hurry. It didnt seem to bother me though.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eating out new
      #242144 - 01/27/06 01:11 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's a recent post that might help get you started looking for restaurants.

For breakfast in general, you can make some of the breads from EFI to have on hand - they freeze well and taste great. The Brown Sugar Banana Bread is very low in fat, so it's a great choice for morning when your stomach is empty.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#242149 - 01/27/06 01:27 PM
busymomtn

Reged: 01/09/06
Loc: Chattanooga, TN

Hi Virginia! I emailed you earlier - check out the post on "eating out" on page 2 - we get Chinese food from Imperial Garden on Gunbarrel - I order Chicken Fried Rice (no msg) and mix it 1/2 and 1/2 w/steamed rice. Also the Great American Cafe at the mall has an awesome turkey burger. We eat a lot of sushi too at Shogun on Gunbarrel (Mon night it's $1 a piece) or Na Go Ya (on Brainerd Rd)- if you eat it. Just stay away from the rolls with fried stuff or sauces. You can eat out - you just have to be careful and ask LOTS of questions.

#242150 - 01/27/06 01:29 PM
Virginiakearney

Reged: 01/25/06
Loc: Tennessee

I cant do anything fishy. I wish I could though, because I noticed on the diet there is a lot of fish. Is there anything at drive-thru's?

#242155 - 01/27/06 01:43 PM
busymomtn

Reged: 01/09/06
Loc: Chattanooga, TN

I hit the Chick-Fil-A occasionally w/o any problems. I get the grilled chicken sandwich and add non-fat or low fat mayo and I'm usually fine. I can even eat their waffle fries - they're not greasy at all. I wouldn't make it an everyday thing though. I read somewhere too that a chicken soft taco from Taco Bell is ok - just w/o the cheese. I've not been brave enough to try Taco Bell yet. Glen Gene Deli probably has a ton of things you could get. I get sandwiches from there all the time. I think someone said they had a veggie or turkey burger too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1086 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review