All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chiropractor
      #241976 - 01/27/06 04:04 AM
Virginiakearney

Reged: 01/25/06
Loc: Tennessee

The Chiropractor didnt say he can cure me. He said that when you are out of line it effects your nervous system. He did some x-rays and test. He said that I have alot of strain on my stomach area. Ive been to him two times. He said he should have me straight in about three months, and that it should help with my tummy trouble. I will let everyone know if it helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chiropractor new
      #241986 - 01/27/06 06:05 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Please keep us posted. My brothers girlfriends brother (if that makes sense) is a Chiropractor and I will defintely be talking to him. Maybe that is what we all need is re-alignment

Re: Chiropractor new
      #241996 - 01/27/06 06:39 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

I have been going to the chiropractor since May. Overall I feel better, but I haven't noticed an improvement with my IBS. I say give it a shot, but don't expect it to "cure" you.

Kristi

Re: Chiropractor, Hypnosis, Accupunture?? new
      #241997 - 01/27/06 07:03 AM
busymomtn

Reged: 01/09/06
Loc: Chattanooga, TN

I've been going to a chiropractor for two years, once a week, and while I love "my crack fix" (ha ha!) It hasn't really helped with the IBS. Sorry! I also tried hypnosis but the guy I went to was kinda creepy and it didn't work. I thought about accupunture but my insurance doesn't cover it, and it's $120 1st visit, then $70 after (OUCH!) so I think I'm going to order the IBS hypnosis CD's - has anyone tried those??

Hypnosis CD's new
      #242001 - 01/27/06 07:13 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

I started the IBS Hypnosis CD's on Jan 1st. I have heard great things about them. Currently I don't notice a huge difference. It's still early in the process and I am under some stress right now that has me unstable. I am hoping that they work eventually though.

Kristi

it helps some- but not the way you'd think.. new
      #242023 - 01/27/06 08:13 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've stopped going and started seeing a DO that is covered by my insurance - after over a year of weekly, and multi weekly appts I was doing slightly better and I felt great for a day or 2... but t hen not so great and I really found that while feeling great did mean less stress my diet made a much bigger difference in how my tummy was doing then anything the chiropractor did..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Hypnosis, accupuncture new
      #242062 - 01/27/06 09:20 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can check out the Hypnosis for IBS Board for more info on the CDs.

Also if you do a Search, you'll find a couple of posts on accupuncture, including one or two of mine. Bottom line: it helped for a while, but once I hit a setback - probably food poisoning - it stopped helping. This diet has done far more for me - and much more affordably.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#242159 - 01/27/06 01:53 PM
Virginiakearney

Reged: 01/25/06
Loc: Tennessee

I go to Morris Family Chiropractor at the corner of Gunbarrel and East Brainerd. He told me what all my problems were without me saying a thing. He seems to know what he is talking about, but I dont know time will tell. I do fell better since Ive been going there. Even a little more energy. I need something to make me gain weight any ideas?

#242166 - 01/27/06 02:15 PM
busymomtn

Reged: 01/09/06
Loc: Chattanooga, TN

OH MY GOSH! I went to Morris and they are great! But I saw Dr. Jason Jackson - and he went out on his own - so now I go there. They are wonderful folks - but I don't think they can cure IBS. As far as gaining weight, snack, snack, snack - on pretzels, animal crackers, dry cereal - cripix or rice, corn chex, graham crackers (I'm munching on those right now!) and white bread - sourdough, english muffins. I love Panera's bagels too - YUMMMMMM!!!! I eat mine with a little bit of honey - I especially love the Cinn Crunch ones

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1510 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review