All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
RevitalX product
      #23891 - 10/19/03 12:37 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

I just started taking this product, RevitalX. Its been a few days and have noticed it very soothing on my gut. Was wondering if anyone else has tried it...

Edited by kenneth (10/19/03 12:45 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: RevitalX product new
      #23892 - 10/19/03 01:04 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

Hi Kenneth
I started to take this product on the advice of my mom a few months ago. I have found that it helps control my IBS D symptoms, because of its fibre, probiotic, and L-Glutamine ingredients. I see it as a vitamin/mineral All-In-One IBS support. I find it helps to reduce D, but doesn't help much with gas/bloating, only drinking herbal teas and avoiding certain foods can help me with that problem. But I don't use RevitalX every day. I use it for a week at a time and then take a break. I use it as a way to get better after an attack, or to strengthen my system before I travel. I find it gives me energy, and helps calm things down, and also I've noticed it helps me digest more fat as I can hardly tolerate much fat content, that is probably due to the L-Glutamine in it. I am glad this product is available, and find it to be a good coping device for IBS, and I hope that it has good long-term effects for the gut. We will see! How have you found it to be of benefit?

I also take L-Glutamine sometimes, a main ingredient of RevitalX separately at other times of the month to help manage D, as it helps in absorbing water into the intestinal wall, so that I don't get attacks the next morning. But again, I only take L-Glutamine sometimes, not all of the time.

Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

RevitalX - 2 days, and a difference! new
      #23919 - 10/19/03 06:33 PM
kenneth

Kris,
I have primarily IBS-C with occasional D. I just started taking this 2 days ago, and I have noticed a significant difference, and am hopeful that it will continue to heal my gut. I find it incredibly soothing. After i took it at first I had D, but it was a "good" kind of D, almost like it was taking out the backlog or something! Today my BMs are more normal looking than they have been in weeks.. so I'm hopeful. I still have pretty heavy spasms, but not the same amount of gas/reflux that usually goes along with them. So I am cautiously optomistic about this product (that doesn't happen too often!)
ken

#24053 - 10/20/03 06:51 PM
kenneth

Kris, just wondering, do you know what the maximum amount of L-Glutamine one can take per day? The revitalx is really helping me and I'm looking to maximize the effect

#24054 - 10/20/03 06:58 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi KEN; IS it supposed to take the place of supplements and is is better than suplements? WHERE DID you find it?

#24078 - 10/21/03 06:25 AM
kenneth

Hi there,
It is a full mix of all the relevant vitamins/minerals/supplements for the stomach. I've been taking it since Friday and it has really helped me. I think its only available in Canada (lucky for us) and I found it in a health food store ("Noah's" in Toronto). I'd phone a health food store in your area and ask if they have it. Try it out.
Ken

Re: RevitalX, Ken and Louise new
      #24081 - 10/21/03 07:40 AM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

Hi Kenneth
I am so glad to hear that it can help you with C too! That is really good news. I had been wondering about its effects on C. I am not sure how much L-Glutamine one can take per day at the maximum. The RevitalX is supposed to be taken at one or two doses per day, or 1000-2000 mg of L-G I guess. I would consult a naturopath about that, or look at the dosage guidelines for L-Glutamine in the IBS section of the book, Prescription For Nutritional Healing. It's in health food stores and vitamin shops usually, so you can just browse it, and not have to purchase!

Louise, if you are interested in RevitalX, look on line at the Natural Factors Website. For your info, the company also produces Detoxitech, which I have heard could cause attacks in IBS folks, as it is a stronger mix. Whereas RevitalX is soothing!

Take Care,
KRIS!

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1413

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review