All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anyone on dicetel??
      #236601 - 01/07/06 11:58 PM
flowerpetal

Reged: 01/07/06

was on zelnorm but had d so was taken off and now put on this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anyone on dicetel?? new
      #236604 - 01/08/06 04:19 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

There has been quite a bit of discussion about various drugs - if you do a board search I'm sure you'll come up with oodles of information. I've been on it since my diagnosis several years ago. It helps some, especially in releaving some of the pain/discomfort, but is not a 'cure' by any stretch of the imagination. Still, of the anti-spasmotics, I personally believe it's the best one.

- Vincent

#236613 - 01/08/06 07:01 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have an opposite opinion on Dicetel. I was given it to try and it was the worst D I ever had. I cannot take it. The strangest noises started coming from my stomach. I was working full time and about an 1 1/2 after my 2nd dose I would be in the bathroom for at least an hour and then race home, sometimes having to stop on the way. I won't ever take it again. I remember us talking about Dicetel here before if you do a search for it I am sure you will get more information.
Sorry for my bad opinion, but everything works differently for different people so I don't want to discourage you either.
Beth

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately I had the exact same reaction... new
      #236630 - 01/08/06 08:47 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

as Beth.

Defintely do a search because this was discussed in the past

#236660 - 01/08/06 11:24 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I took dicetel, but only for about 2 weeks. I had no adverse effects. I was already stable when my doctor gave them to me, so I decided not to use it until, if and when, I felt bad.
The Christmas holidays has made me feel not so great, but I think when my diet gets back to normal for a while, it will be okay again.

#236855 - 01/09/06 08:09 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I was given it years ago for ibs D and I found that it somewhat helped at the time, but as soon as I was stable again and stopped taking it, I would be sicker than a dog for a couple weeks because my body got depentant.. Now, I use peppermint tea and nothing else and I have been pretty stable for three weeks..

#274343 - 07/17/06 10:11 AM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

I was on it for about six weeks about a year and a half ago. It did slow down the D but after awhile it started giving me stomach pains too. Now that I'm more or less stable I try to control my IBS solely through diet but my doctor has advised that anytime I eat something that I know is going to brother me I should pop a Dicetel first instead of using Immodium after the fact because the Dicetel won't cause constipation.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review