All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are you IBS C
      #235669 - 01/04/06 01:30 PM
ebrbetty

Reged: 03/31/05

if so and you've been on the diet for awhile I would love to hear how its working for you. there have been quiet a few remarks that IBS C's don't have as much luck, I'm still giving it a shot, heathers book came in today,looking forward to reading it
thanks for the imput
Betty

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are you IBS C new
      #235696 - 01/04/06 02:39 PM
ebrbetty

bumping for us IBS C'ers lol

#235746 - 01/04/06 05:34 PM
ebrbetty

no one??

#235751 - 01/04/06 05:46 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Have you done a search? There have been loads of IBS-C'ers posting about the diet and how it works for us. Also, you might go to the "IBS News & Reviews" area of the website and look for the newsletter that Heather did on IBS-C specifically. She hits all the points that I'd make.

--AC

p.s. There's no need to bump stuff multiple times in a day - most people go back and read a couple of pages into the message boards.

#235752 - 01/04/06 05:48 PM
ebrbetty

I did a search,but did not look at the news and reviews
thanks for the tip

Try a search! new
      #235814 - 01/05/06 01:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

There have been ALOT of posts like this so maybe the C's are a bit fed up of repeating themselves.

Another IBS C here..... new
      #235832 - 01/05/06 05:59 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I've been on the boards a while now, and have followed the diet in principle more than an exact science. Us C types can have a lot more IF than the D's can tolerate. Actually, without the IF, we're in a "bind" so to speak! So, at my worst, I stuck with safe soluable fiber like baked sweet potatoes, white bread, white meat and IF's I could tolerate (lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries...in moderation only).

I added the Acacia and SLOWLY increased my dose over a 6 month period..I'm using 18grams a day in three doses - one before each meal. I added a CAL/MAG supplement next, then later a probiotic, then even later an Omega complex. The water intake HAD to be increased as well as physical activity.

I have read and re-read this site, asked a lot of questions on the board and done a lot of research on my own. IBS is as unique as the person who has it, so be ready to tailor-make your diet to YOU using the wonderful principles found here and plenty of caution, common sense and flexibility. Feel better soon! There are more C's here, and they will answer in time.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#236133 - 01/05/06 10:56 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

ebrbetty, I'm IBS C. Spent a week in the hospital with a bowel obstruction in July. What I'm taking is working now: acacia 2T Magnesium about 400 mg ground flax seed meal: 3 T soluble fiber cereal, spuds, etc. Carefully eat fruit, vegetables & other IF lots of water, exercise, I still have spasms, so take Donnatol before bed. You just have to try things that work for you. xo Bette

--------------------
(cool)

C new
      #236207 - 01/06/06 08:27 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am a "C" who could identify my triggers before I knew that I had IBS. Fried food has never "been my friend" and any time I ate quessadilla's from a restaurant I would be in major pain the next day.

I would encourage you to learn to identify YOUR triggers and really not worry about those of others. I can drink coffee but cannot eat corn. Casey can eat corn just fine. Am I jealous? Absolutely...I love fresh corn on the cob but I spend no time worrying about the fact that I can't have corn because it is a waste of energy and time.

Keep a food diary...your symptoms may not appear for a day or two after you eat a trigger food. Most importantly...don't obsess over your IBS. Deal with it and learn to live with it one day at a time...don't allow yourself to feel hopeless, it won't help your IBS. You will find stability one day...I have and so have many others.

Asking my what brought me to this point won't really help you as your triggers and mine may not be the same. Reduction in stress and knowing my triggers and eating accordingly is what brought me to the point that I am now.

Please forgive me if I appear to be too "matter-of-fact" but the truth of the matter is that you cannot allow IBS to consume you and expect to get better.

If you are a person of faith, pray without ceasing...IT HELPS!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Most Excellent advise, my friend! -nt- new
      #236209 - 01/06/06 08:29 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1579

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review