All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
really tired all the time !
      #234195 - 12/29/05 02:39 AM
jenix

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: warwickshire,England

i just cant seem to shake this tired feeling - i get out of bed (which is a struggle) and i feel drained and tired to the extent where i want to go back to bed - last night for example i fel asleep on the sofa at 830pm woke up at 10pm went to bed about 1030pm woke up just after 8 this morning and im shattered ! I havent got a clue whats going on - really not sure ! i have no energy to do anything and i have been this way for just over a week now !

--------------------
-- jenix --

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: really tired all the time ! new
      #234199 - 12/29/05 04:57 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Sounds like you may be coming down with something- have you had bloodwork lately? Could be low iron??

#234212 - 12/29/05 06:12 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I don't know if this helps but I was told if I get to much sleep then I am going to feel more tired. So now since I stay home with my son and he does not get up until around 8:30 am I started going to bed at 11:30-12:00 and since I started doing that I do feel like I have more energy in the morning. The night timing works out perfect for me also because I go to school at night and it is impossible to study during the day (my son does not take naps) so my chance to study is after 9:00 when he goes to bed.

If you still seem tired after trying different things, you might want to go see your doctor, sometimes you may have a functional disorder with your thyroid and a symptom is fatigue. Hopefully you will figure something out and keep us posted!

Re: Are you on AD or allergy meds???? ~nt~ new
      #234215 - 12/29/05 06:15 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#234217 - 12/29/05 06:21 AM
jenix

im only on anti depressents - have been for bout 3 months now - so cant see it being them - but i could be wrong - anyway i have a docs apointment in an hour so i will see what she says and let you know !

--------------------
-- jenix --

#234219 - 12/29/05 06:22 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

My Remeron and Elavil made me extremely tired all the time until I came off of them. I never got over the drowsy side effect, so make sure and tell your doc that. She might need to switch you to another one.

Good Luck!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#234235 - 12/29/05 07:12 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Is your IBS stable? i found that when I got sick this last time, I was the same way, just exhausted all the time. Once I became stable, the exhaution went away. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#234501 - 12/30/05 01:48 AM
jenix

well i went to see the doc yesturday and she seems to think its like an aftermath of me being so low and depressed but is going to do blood tests anyway to be on the safeside! Im sure she is probably right!

--------------------
-- jenix --

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 960 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1185

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review