All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
This attacks are awful: WHY?????
      #23277 - 10/13/03 05:20 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Everyone-I had a wonderful weekend-beautiful fall Midwest October filled with weinie roasts(2), concert-Christian that my oldest son recommitted his life to the Lord, lots of family time that i have been missing. Before the weekend I had a hellish week at work. I felt great-no problems at all until this am. I have jury duty this week, so if I Don't go to court, I can name my work hours! So why did I have a bad attack today?? All I can figure out is I ate a brownie and a teaspoonful of baked beans along with lowfat turkey franks and lots of soluble fiber last night. Can that be it, or can it be my usual pattern of I'm great and then boom!!!! My husband calls it my day off illness (no work or court today) Anyone have any ideas? I am going to to a good GI doctor this friday to have testing done to confirm the IBS-I'd rather have this than Crohn's or ulcerative colitis or some of the other possibilities! Count on a RN to want to diagnose herself! Any Help or thoughts out there?????

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This attacks are awful: WHY????? new
      #23284 - 10/13/03 05:56 PM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

It may sound silly, but for me any change in my routine can trigger an attack. I went out of town last weekend with some girlfriends. I did fine all weekend( I was soooo proud of myself), but just the change in sleeping paterns and just doing something different triggered an awful attack. It stinks, but that is the way it is, at least for me!

Re: This attacks are awful: WHY????? new
      #23285 - 10/13/03 05:58 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Was the brownie an IBS-safe brownie, or just a regular brownie? That may have caused you problems if it was regular brownie, or could it be the stress of work/jury duty?

Hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your doc appt. Friday - let us know how you make out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5574 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review