All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS QUESTIONS
      #23249 - 10/13/03 12:14 PM
ANGELA BARRETT

Reged: 10/13/03
Loc: INDIANA

I WAS TOLD ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO I HAD IBS. AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANY COULD ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FOR ME? I KNOW THAT ALOT OF FOODS WILL UPSET IT AND I HAVE THAT PROBLEM, BUT I ALSO GO THROUGH FEELING LIKE I'AM RUN DOWN ALL THE TIME AND HAVE NO ENERGY TO DO ANYTHING IS THIS A SIGN OF IBS TOO? IF ANY COULD ANSWER THIS QUESTION I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL! THANK YOU

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS QUESTIONS new
      #23253 - 10/13/03 12:39 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Angela and welcome to the boards. Yes, lots of people do feel very run down when they have ibs, because physically and emotionally it's a lot to deal with. When you sort out what foods trigger you off, try to avoid them and that will be less strain on your body. I have also found that emotionally when I found out what was causing my stomach problems and how to deal with them, I felt more empowered and this helped me feel better. There's loads of interesting info on the site, and lots of support, so if you need anything just post.

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#23254 - 10/13/03 12:41 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welocme. I also get that tired and run down feeling, not sure if they are medically realated. The best thing I find to help with the tiredness is 7-8 hours a sleep a night and cardio exercise. The more exerciseing I do the better I feel, yes my body gets "sore" but I have a ton more energy. Also, are you drinking enough water??? I need at least 12-14 glasses of water a day. I know its awful hard to exercise when you feel tired but it really does make a hugh difference. Also helps a lot with gas and bloating too! Feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#23281 - 10/13/03 05:39 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Hi Angela and welcome!!!! I joined this board the beginning of the month and it has been a lifesver!!!! I also suggest you buy Heather's books if you can-The First Year Of IBS is teaching me tons and I'm a nurse! hang in there! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#23286 - 10/13/03 06:02 PM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

Hi Angela, I just recently joined also although I have had IBS for almost 10 years now. Honestly Heather's books have started to change my life. This is a big step too. It is nice to know there are people that share your pain. Good luck!

#23292 - 10/13/03 06:21 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Angela!

I really sympathise with this as being tired and run down is now one of my worse IBS symptoms.

I agree with what evreyone else has said. You might also want to make sure that you're not deficient in vitamins or minerals. An IBS gut might not be absorbing these properly. A deficiency of something like iron can make you really tired for no other reason. Your doc should be able to test for this - or just start taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement.

I'm really bad at NOT doing this, but exercise does help!

Good luck! Linz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 803

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review