Reged: 12/12/05

Yeah right!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes you can! new
      #231146 - 12/13/05 03:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yes, I used to get worse as the day progresses. That's not that uncommon.

Have you started a SFS? They really help.

Also, have you been tested for celiac disease and have you considered whether gluten intolerance could be a problem (this is always a possibility for people who don't get immediate relief from the diet)?

What are your symptoms?

#231156 - 12/13/05 05:09 AM
ibsy

Yeah, I've started a SFS but i have to take 8-10 twice daily before meals but they make me gag! Plus I'm tryinhg to eat a little and often so it's really awkward to know when to take them?!!!
I've been tested for both those things and i'm 'intolerant' to wheat but that's it!
I'm usually ok till around mid-afternoon. It's mainly just severe pain and bloating with a touch of nausea... could be so much worse - I'm such a baby! I'm a lot better but for the grossness of what I'm going through I want to feel on top of the world but I just don't even feel ok at the moment! Even peppermint tea or anti-spasmodic drugs don't seem to particularly help much! I've started with aloe juice... any thoughts as to it's helpfulness? I'll try anything!

#231193 - 12/13/05 08:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, if you're intolerant to wheat you have cut it out, yes?

Try changing to a powder SFS...they're alot easier to take than millions of pills! And they can have the dose spread out through the day however you like. I'm on Acacia btw.

Aloe is NOT a good idea with IBS...try searching for it in the Research Library for more info.

Sounds like gas and bloating are your main culprits (trapped gas causes awful pains, nausea, etc). Try fennel tea instead of the peppermint - it's just amazing. Make sure you get nice fresh seeds tho - some HFS sell really old dry tea that tastes yucky and doesn't do much. Not surprisingly, Heather's is very fresh! If you don't like licorice you might not like the taste but you can mix it with other teas, hold your nose, whatever - it is worth it! And you do get used to it.

Good luck. Post more if you have any q's.

#231429 - 12/14/05 12:25 AM
ibsy

I'll have a go and let you know! Cheers!

Re: Newly diagnosed and I can't do it! new
      #231647 - 12/14/05 03:59 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

I know it is so frustrating. I guess you are the big C. I tried the aloe and it seem to work for a short time. I have that my trigger food is fats, particulary stuff like cookies, cake, chocolate, cheese, etc. So right now I'm in a bad bout now with C because of all the junk I have been eating. So I'm trying to drink and have some smooth move tea. I have found the more fiber I eat the worse I get. I hope this helps alittle.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review