All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
yes, absolutely! new
      #231067 - 12/12/05 04:03 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Linz definitely didn't need to apologize. I wasn't singling out Linz -- or anyone. I just think sometimes we need to be a little more understanding about not being understanding.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wat a day new
      #231072 - 12/12/05 04:47 PM
sgebhardt

Reged: 08/19/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

My hubby loves his red meat too. What I do is throw a steak on the grill for him and a veggie burger or chicken on the grill for me. If the weather is not good enough to bbq, I'll cook him a steak and some pasta. For my pasta, I top it with a "mock meat" (as my hubby likes to call it) sauce using yves veggie ground round and tomatoes and tomato paste. Sometimes he'll even skip the red meats and have yves with me too! He's grown accustomed to it. He actually even "likes" it

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Unfortunately, this is true-nt new
      #231099 - 12/12/05 06:43 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Re: Okay, okay, I'm sorry! new
      #231106 - 12/12/05 07:25 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Bah... I kind of agreed to a certain point.

I know that overall, my husband too has been very supportive, and will stop me (sometimes) from eating things I shouldn't. He's only gotten truly snippy about what I can and can't eat once. We'll refer to it as the great omlette incident.

But I think it's a question of whether the partner/significant other is constantly making one feel bad about something one has absolutely no control over, or if they have the occaisional frustration moment.

If they're making the effort to be understanding, that's one thing, and those occaissional slips are tolerable. but if they're making no effort at all?

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

Re: Okay, okay, I'm sorry! new
      #231135 - 12/12/05 11:16 PM
sgebhardt

My hubby actually told me today and I quote, "Why wouldn't I be supportive? You didn't ask for this. You can't control it. I married you for better or for worse!". What a sweetheart.

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Awwww! new
      #231148 - 12/13/05 03:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's so sweet. My hubby's alot the same...and I was actually ill before we got married. He just gets really frustrated sometimes that he can't fix me and that can be hard to live with - but counselling has really helped us communicate better with that issue.

Re: yes, absolutely! new
      #231221 - 12/13/05 10:08 AM
jenix

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: warwickshire,England

wow - sorry i didnt mean to start such a riot with my message - sorry sorry sorry !! anyway last night i cooked and made an affort he had lamb steaks i hadthe veg option and it went down fantastically !! yay happy household again here! oh and just to let u all know my new job went fantastically today - i sold £250 worth of shoes and i totally enjoyed myself had oats for brekky to stabalise me for the day and it was all ok xxxx

--------------------
-- jenix --

Re: Awwww! new
      #231252 - 12/13/05 11:25 AM
sgebhardt

Excellent! Cooking meat and veggies isn't so bad. It's not like you have to cook a whole separate meal for him. Just part of it. This way you can both enjoy the meal together. Compromising is all it is.

Linz - My hubby feels that way too (sometimes gets frustrated that he can't fix me). But he doesn't voice that concern too often because he knows he can't do anything to solve my problems and that only I can. He'll remind me from time to time not to eat that, you should eat this instead and stuff like that. It's really great having a hubby that actually knows the plan so he can watch over me. He actually read both books!

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Edited by sgebhardt (12/13/05 11:29 AM)

Hehe! new
      #231287 - 12/13/05 01:38 PM
Linz

When I was stabilising (and so following the diet 100%) Si was my watchdog...he'd get really mad if I cheated. Luckily these days I can cheat sometimes okay, so the decision is left up to me.

Hehe Jen! new
      #231289 - 12/13/05 01:40 PM
Linz

This was not a riot....just a minor bar scuffle. Don't worry about it - I for one did not get upset at all.

$250 worth of shoes - wow girl, either you were very busy or your shoes are very expensive! Well done!!!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review