All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Went to dinner at Johnny Carina's last night ( like Olive garden) and
      #230576 - 12/10/05 11:45 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I had the chicken balsimico, it didn't say it was sauteed or fried or anything, I assumed it was grilled. It tasted great and while I was eating it, I thought, this is probably bad for me. My hubby and I hadn't eaten anything in awhile and I ate a lof of bread first, a little dipped in that olive oil stuff (not much) and a salad which I ate after the bread. Salad normally agrees with me. I went a lot today! Not D but bordering if you know what I mean. Just lots of volume! Do you think the chicken did it? The olive oil? I was very careful yesterday besides that. I'm wondering if I should cut down the amounts I eat but I have a hard time keeping weight on and I really would rather not do this. But I"m tired of pooping all day! HELP!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Went to dinner at Johnny Carina's last night ( like Olive garden) and new
      #230578 - 12/10/05 11:51 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Before I even had IBS, anything I ate from the Olive Garden would make me go like that. I don't know if it's the spices or what. I haven't eaten there since I got IBS......so it would probably be even worse, now!!

Hope you feel better soon!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#230677 - 12/11/05 01:39 AM
MusicLady

Reged: 09/04/05
Loc: Texas, USA

There's really no way to tell just from the chicken, the bread & the salad. My guess is that maybe it was because you ate a fairly large meal on an empty stomach? Also, Johnny Carino's and other big restaurants usually put a lot of "hidden" oils and things into their sauces, even the "low fat" entrees, even on grilled chicken. I have been (unpleasantly) surprised many times with this. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

--------------------
Michelle

Re: That's probaby it! The combo between eating too much and the oils. ~nt~ new
      #230730 - 12/11/05 09:56 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

What City... North Little Rock? nt new
      #230868 - 12/12/05 06:49 AM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

Nope, I live in N.J.! new
      #230882 - 12/12/05 07:52 AM
Sandyg

#230939 - 12/12/05 10:00 AM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

I ate at Johnny Carinos not too long ago, and before the guy brought out our bread I asked if they put butter on it. He said yes and that he would have them bake a loaf with no butter. So, unless you requested no butter on the bread, it probably had a nice amount on there. That definitely could have contributed to the excess poopy. Also ... Italian places looove to use oils and butters on evvvverything. Oil/fat is what gives things flavor ... most likely your chicken was grilled in more oil than an IBSer would cook it in, and probably helped out with the bowel movements as well. AAAaand, last but not least ... the salad dressing very well could have had parmesan and/or milk in them, and most definitely had oil.

When i went, i even requested NO BUTTER OR OIL on my pasta, and still got a bowl full of *shiny* noodles ... which means they were oiled down. I stick to Macaroni Grill ... they have a "Create your own" menu and its great!

Thanks! you know we were so hungry we wolfed down 2 loaves of the bread (m) new
      #230976 - 12/12/05 10:55 AM
Sandyg

me thinking it was "safe" too! I need to remember that chefs at places like that aren't concerned about my IBS! I'll try Macaroni grill next time!

Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1481

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review