Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My Best Friends Dad..... new
      #229908 - 12/07/05 12:47 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Has Ulcerative Colitis and he's been on imodium every single day of his life for the past 30 years to control the colitis. His doctor prescribed it to him so he can get it free through his insurance.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

imodium is GREAT new
      #229958 - 12/07/05 03:41 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey D--

I've been on imodium for the last 10 years with no ill effects. Currently, I take 240 2mg loperimide tablets/month and I supplement them with simethicone (available together if you take Imodium Advanced).

I'd be home bound with tragic, painful explosive D if I didn't have this wonderful medication. I'm not a C, never been, so anything I find that constipates me is wonderful. I'm being treated with imodium, donnatal, tylenol-3, and hyocycamine spray for my attacks.

For the imodium (loperimide 2mg), I take 2 when I get up, 1 before meals and 2 before bed for nighttime attacks (8 a day goes pretty fast ). If I have an attack, I'll take 2 or 3 to stop it in its tracks. It works AWESOMELY as a preventative, which means I don't have to wait after lunch when I have a meeting at work to have an attack before I take them.

~nelly~ (IBS-D, pain pre-dominant)

Hey Nelly! new
      #229984 - 12/07/05 06:01 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Isn't simethecone awesome! So is Beano!

Lifesavers, along with the Immodium Advanced. I find that 2-3/day is doing the job, lately. Still not at the formed stool stage, but past the fear of farting. Yes, I'll get there...probably by next week.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Awesome, Kate! new
      #229986 - 12/07/05 06:02 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

So glad you're getting there!! I took 3 yesterday and today I have hardly went at all.....I'm all bloated up like a blimp!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Nelly & Wind new
      #230161 - 12/08/05 12:40 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

My IBS has dramatically changed since I started taking Immdium and Simethicone on a daily basis. I cannot say enough good things about it. I am not completely stable but I am waaaay better than I was. I am an A so I have to be careful with the Immoduim so I don't get really C. Sometimes I do overdo it with the Immodium when I am travelling or have important functions because I would rather be C then have an accident. I talked to my gastro about it and he said I could take them forever if it made me feel like I could leave my house. So in his opinion there are no long term effects of daily use of simethicone or immdoduim.
Happy popping ladies!! (lol and I meant the pills)
Take Care
Beth

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

wish I could take it, but........ new
      #230163 - 12/08/05 12:53 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Even if I take a 1/4 pill, I get C and within two or three days, I'll have a HUGE attack with C/D/V....HORRIBLE!!! It's frustrating. I'm stuck between the worst of all three worlds!

I used to be able to take it when I had an attack, but not for the last year or so. It just makes for a worse attack a few days later.

Betharoo! new
      #230194 - 12/08/05 02:39 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

My life, too, IS improved with Immodium Advanced and Simethecone. Truly, less cramping, and finally (as of this morning) solid/formed bm's. Also, the bloating from my really bad D spell is nearly gone. I agree, I'd rather be a tad C than D all the time. (Okay, C for me is defined by less than 2 daily features!) I don't get HUGE air tunnels in my gut when I take the simethecone. The best part is NO gas pressure. (I think I'm just gassy by nature!)

I was stupid to stop replacing my Immodium stash. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not afraid of sneezing too hard or laugh attacks, or farting! Trapped gas, is the worst. It's a part of me being stable.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 772 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4845

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review