All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Help from anyone new
      #230312 - 12/09/05 05:23 AM
munchlma

Reged: 12/08/05

Thanks for your help. I am just so desperate to help her and don't know what to do!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Sandy - taking Imodium night before new
      #230352 - 12/09/05 08:54 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've done this, used Imodium as a preventive by taking it the evening or night before I had to travel or go to work. When I was at my worst, I knew I would always have a morning attack and my doctor said it was fine to use as a preventive. Sometimes waiting until morning would be too late and once I got started going I couldn't stop - even after taking the Imodium (it usually takes an hour or longer for it to kick in for me, I don't know about the others). HTH!

Thanks! (m) new
      #230375 - 12/09/05 10:52 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

That's what happens to me. It takes awhile for my system to move in the morning, and it ALWAYS happens when I get to work. If it moved once, it would be OK, but it keeps moving! So by the time I take something, like you, it's too late. It's already in motion! I'll try that the night before. I'd rather be a little C for a day than be going a ton at work.

Sandy

Re: Thanks! (m) new
      #230481 - 12/09/05 09:28 PM
Terri4301

Reged: 06/03/05

I definitely take immodium the night before, and often also immediately after I awake. This definitely helps on days when you have to do something and can't afford to have an attack. Unfortunately, it does constipate me but having lived with daily D for a long time...it's somewhat of a relief to not miss out on something important because of ibs. I'm still learning how to balance the sf,if, and immodium. I definitely feel more in control than I used to!
Hope this info helps...
Terri

Wind! new
      #230621 - 12/10/05 02:50 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Rock on, Kate! I just drove 3 hours to the beach (did she say the BEACH? ) to visit my friend, and I took an extra imodium before I left. 150 miles later, no problems!!

I think we should all buy stock in imodium as part of our retirement plan...

~nelly~

Nelly, I'm going out for Chinese, tonight-- new
      #230625 - 12/10/05 03:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

...and you'd better believe I've had Immodium, today! (Simethecone, too)

What is it about long car rides, huh?

Hope you're having a blast.

Greetings from the beach! new
      #230650 - 12/10/05 05:20 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm having a great time! At dinner Andy wrote out his phone number and made me give it to our waitress-- I pretended like I was going to give it to the hairy manager guy instead. It was a riot.

It's like 28 degrees out, but otherwise the sun was shining today and I had a nice peaceful car ride up with no belly problems, YEA! Got a chance to spend some time by myself, clear my mind, etc.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4884

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review