All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fleet soda
      #22885 - 10/08/03 07:58 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hey I'm kind of in a dilemma here...I'm having a colonoscopy done on friday, and thursday night I should take the soda at 3 p.m. Well, we tlaked to the nurse today and she said the longest I can put it off for is until 6 (I have play practice until 5:45), but then I'm at dance class until 7. So I was just wondering about how long does it usually take for the soda to start kicking in? Thanks in advance to all those who help me out here!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fleet soda new
      #22890 - 10/08/03 08:13 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

Hi
You might want to just take the afternoon off from commitments, and stay home. When I took the phospho-soda, I took one dose at noon, and it started to work within 20 min/half an hour. I spent the rest of the afternoon running to the bathroom. Then at 5pm, I downed the rest of the soda, and spent the evening until around midnite running to the bathroom. I figure you'd need at least 12 hours free. Then it was hard to sleep because I felt nauseated, faint, weak, and had to go to the bathroom a few more times. I think some folks recommend drinking something to replace electrolytes that your body loses through this process (causing weakness), and of course, drink lots of water or soothing herbal teas. Good luck! Hope you have a good book, and a movie to settle down with between trips to the loo!
Kris
PS, there is a lot of previous posts on this topic that may help you out in getting prepared.

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

#22909 - 10/09/03 04:16 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I have to agree, I think this would be a time to take a break and just stay home. If you got through practice I'm not sure you could drive yourself home, once the "process" starts. Good luck!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#22914 - 10/09/03 06:30 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi; I agree with the others. Once you start the fleetsoda you should stay near the bathroom. Put your feet up and watch some television,(it is Survivor night) and try and drink some clear soup broth or clear drinks so you don't dehydrate. Take care and good luck tomorrow. Sue

Good luck, Peaches!!! -----nt---- new
      #22959 - 10/09/03 02:25 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Good luck, Peaches!!! -----nt---- new
      #22994 - 10/09/03 08:35 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Thanks you guys!! I'm doing ok for the moment, and I'm about to take my second dose. I just delayed the soda until 6:30 and thankfully it didnt kick in until about 7:30 after I was already home! anyways, I hope all of you guys are feeling well. I have my colonoscopy tomorrow so I probably ownt be checking beack anytime soon~! so everyone have a good day tomorrow!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review