All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Awe, Michelle, my sweet friend... new
      #229091 - 12/03/05 07:14 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...you always make me feel supported and loved. It's nice not to be alone with all this. I couldn't do it alone.

Big hugs and love to you, dear Michelle. Praying for you too!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Awe, Thank you, Beth!! Sending lots of love and hugs your way, too! ~nt~... new
      #229093 - 12/03/05 07:35 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

but there are lots of D people who have left, too! new
      #229096 - 12/03/05 07:52 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Message boards are sort of transient. Especially a support board like this. A lot of people leave just because they do get better and don't really need the support here. Some people leave just because they don't have the time to keep up with the boards. Some people leave because they don't give the diet enough time to work, and are frustrated because after two weeks of no dairy they're still bloated. Some people don't exactly "leave" but just rarely have time to post anymore. Some people sort of abandon the diet board and hang out in the Living Room instead.

If you're referring to Elizabeth McMaster, she didn't think she really had IBS after all, so I am not sure if that counts. (Honestly -- if YOU didn't have IBS, would you be here???) And Dalia is really more of an A, I think, and super-super-busy besides. And everyone else on your list I don't recognize and I've been reading the boards since summer 2004, so they probably didn't post a ton. Or maybe I just ignore those weird C people. (Just kidding!!!!)

There are plenty of C people still around. And it's funny that you think that there isn't, because sometimes it seems to me like no one but C people post on the diet board.

Guess it's all about perspective.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: where are all the C people? new
      #229108 - 12/03/05 08:14 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am still here but I have been fairly stable now for almost a year now and I am not sure how to help you or others. I have told you guys my routine and the things I take but it seems like you question every little detail and to be honest I don't know why what I do works for me. It's just my makeup. I really care about you guys but I just don't feel like I have anymore advice for you. Plus I am tired of obsessing every day about my IBS. I have a job and a family and now that I am fairly stable I like to hang out more in the Living Room and chat about everyday things in life.

I really hope none of you (Beth, and Cyndy) take offense to what I have said because it comes from my heart! I really wish there was some magical advice to give to you guys to make it better. I do follow the diet pretty strictly. I DON'T eat dairy, red meat, or fried foods and haven't for over a year now. However I can eat chocolate and drink alcohol in moderation. So you see my friends everyone is different. I still have gassy days and marble like BM days but I don't let my IBS control me! I control it!!! My heartfelt love and support to all of you. And if I come up with any newfound advice I will be sure to share!

#229117 - 12/03/05 08:59 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am relatively stable now though I had a post-Thanksgiving attack brought on my moi .

I found that being in this room caused me to "think" too much about what I should and shouldn't eat and this diet didn't necessarily work for me. I have shared what has worked for me many times on this board and what works is still the same so I wonder if I might be repetetive and boring.

I don't want to cause anyone undue stress either...that I can drink coffee bothers folks. Casey can eat corn and I can't...that is just life I suppose.

I pray for my friends on this board...that we will all be stable at some point!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

I'm a C, too new
      #229120 - 12/03/05 11:10 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

And the diet has never worked for me, either. I'm even on day 38 of the hypno program and my C is no closer to being better. Hang in there, you're not alone!

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Re: You know... new
      #229123 - 12/04/05 02:41 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Beth, I pray for you every day. Did you try the triphalla and the ground flaxseed? I'm not convinced the diet works, but I cut out dairy, coffee, red meat, but what helps the most is donnatol to stop the cramps. xxooBette

--------------------
(cool)

#229124 - 12/04/05 02:45 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Cyndy, Did you get the message I sent you or did it get lost in here somewhere? I'll repost the meds and dosages, etc. that I take if you want. Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Haha, I think the same thing! new
      #229127 - 12/04/05 03:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I spent a lot of time skimming over posts because sometimes it seems like there's ONLY C people here! LOL!

And yes, I was going to point that out, that Elizabeth left because she doesn't have IBS. It's also a really, really busy time of year, you can't forget that either. I mean, I've barely had time to even CHECK the boards lately, much less go through and reply to posts.

Message boards are very transient. People come and go. There are definitely a lot of D people who've disappeared too, and that's just the way it goes.

#229137 - 12/04/05 07:51 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Hello! I just haven't remembered to post lately. Plus I'm doing ok with my IBS, so I don't know what to post lol. I wouldn't say the diet doesn't work. I follow it somewhat, although I don't have to be strict with it since my body has become more accustomed to eating normal. Of course I still get symptoms if I eat way off though!

So Cyndy, what are you eating/taking, maybe we can help give you some advice?

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2259 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review