All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worse during Fall and Winter?
      #227751 - 11/28/05 10:27 AM
nicolebee

Reged: 07/13/03
Loc: South Carolina, US

I've been looking back on how IBS has affected me and I've noticed a trend. I've discovered I am worse during Fall and Winter. I have been doing fairly well for the past several months and suddenly I'm having recurrent troubles again...and I remember my body doing this last year too. My eating habits aren't really different during this time of year. I'm a pretty healthy eater and don't eat more no-no foods than any other time I'm thinking it's some sort of winter blues or something that triggers it.

Does anyone else have this trend?
Insight would be great.

Thanks,

--------------------
Nicole
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worse during Fall and Winter? new
      #227755 - 11/28/05 10:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Yup - seasons can play a big part in IBS for some people. Winter is usually my worst time because of all the temptations, but also because my body isn't a big fan of season changes. When my body isn't happy, then my IBS isn't happy either.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Worse during Fall and Winter? new
      #227757 - 11/28/05 10:32 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles! I wasn't eating anything either that was out of the norm and I got sick in the summer (Aug). So, I think the stress of the humidity and heat is what got to me. I wasn't doing anything different than I was doing the whole time I was stable and BAM!! It just happened out of the blue. I went outside and it was so hot I got nauseated and then I had an IBS-D attack.....it just kept happening until it became an everyday thing. I'm doing better now that it's cold!!!
I don't get so nauseated. So, I do believe that seasons affect everyone differently and I do believe they can affect our bodies differently, too!

Hope you feel better soon!!

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

BIG TIME! -nt new
      #227836 - 11/28/05 05:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review