All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: kate - rolaids new
      #227115 - 11/24/05 06:36 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

kate - way back when i first got diagnosed w/ ibs, i mentioned to my dr that i'd been taking rolaids occasionally - he said to stay far away from them, as they often cause D. don't know if there's a connection for you, and they might help more than hurt, but i thought i'd mention it.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pretzels & Lunas: Michelle new
      #227118 - 11/24/05 07:15 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, I just zipped out for Snyder's of Hanover Pretzels and a couple of Lunas. Like you, less is more. I can tummy a babyfood portion of mashed potatoes, i.e. 1/3 c. (think of it in relationship to cream of wheat portions, perhaps?)

When the mood arises, I'll give them a shot, i.e. an inch or two of Luna/3 or 4 pretzels. Thanks for the tips!

It's funny--stevia really bugs my tummy. I think if I try the bread, it would sit best toasted--it's just a hunch. I picked up some organic crap-free jam, too. I hope it works!
I hope, when I make plain angelfood cake it works, too! The Imagine broths are organic and they totally agree with me.

Thanks for the ideas.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: kate - rolaids new
      #227119 - 11/24/05 07:16 PM
Wind

Really? Oh dear. Thanks--no more Rolaids.

Kate, IBS-D.

The Nexium Headache new
      #227120 - 11/24/05 07:18 PM
Wind

Do you have the Nexium headache, yet? I get this, often. Nexium-D, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Thank you, too! new
      #227122 - 11/24/05 07:24 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I can't go out, tonight and get anything....nothing's open because of Thanksgiving! Well, Walmart is open but it's too far....I might get nauseated. Do you ever get nauseated on the road?? I do all the time and it freaks me out!!

You're right, the bread WOULD probably sit better toasted. I always learned going through college......best food for a hangover was toast. It has always worked for me.....when there's too much acid in my stomach. Well, now there's too much acid in my stomach "just because".....I haven't drank any soft drinks or alcohol since 2003. Well, I drank sprite for my colon prep 3 weeks ago and it nearly killed me!!!

I think the organic "crap-free" (hehehe ) jam on toast should be okay. I can't have anything fruity right now....every kind of fruit bothers me.

OH, let me know how the angelfood cake goes too! I'm gonna check and see if I can find that imagine broths.....I have only ever bought swanson brand and come to find out it has MSG in it!!! So, no more of that!! hehehehe

I really hope the pretzels sit well with you!!

Thanks, girl! What would I do without you??!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: The Nexium Headache new
      #227123 - 11/24/05 07:29 PM
anlikerm

OH, yea, I have the Nexium Headache just about everyday, but I can deal with that over the nausea!! I don't know if I have the Nexium-D, though. I can't tell if it's because of the Nexium or just my nervous colon!! I KNOW it gave me D the first day, but after that, it doesn't seem too much different than it usually is. I take 1/2 imodium every morning, anyway, just in case. It seems like I go every other day. I'm backed up for a day then I get D the next day. It's wiered.......I increased my Citrucel (clear), too, so that might be what's making my BM change. I dunno....

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: The Nexium Headache
      #227135 - 11/24/05 09:11 PM
Wind

Do you ever get these "poop-a-thon" episodes? I pop an Immodium everyday which slows my transit time, thankfully, but sometimes, I get these poop-a-thons, i.e. 4 in an hour! Weird. Without the Immodium, though, it would be D!

I'm just taking Advil for the headache which works.

And yes, I totally get nauseated on the road. Actually, what I feel like is kind of a cross between a hangover and traveller's sickness. I hate shopping because I always always always have to go!

M.S.G. is a really bad thing. Serious personal trigger.
Definitely stick to organic Imagine broth!

You're a Godsend. I hope we both feel increasing improved each day. Babysteps. (I also think it's very interesting that we're both recovered anorectics.)

Kate.

Re: The Nexium Headache new
      #227160 - 11/25/05 06:01 AM
anlikerm

hehehehehehehe
I woke up at 8:00am this morning having a poop-a-thon!! I'm still having it!! ARGGGGG!!!!!! Stomach hurts, nauseated, 5th BM!! It sucks, big time!

I just took 1/2 imodium, 2 gaviscon and 2 pepto. I think I need to take the other half of the imodium. BM's are normal......very normal...... I just can't get my colon to stop.......

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Kate...vitamins without sugar... new
      #227162 - 11/25/05 06:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I believe they make liquid vitamins!! I agree with Casey...check out the HFS...and def inquire about liquid vitamins. I take sambucol as an immune booster often (it's basic elderberry extract if I remember correctly) and they DO make a liquid one no sugar added....so maybe they do with vitamins as well!

*hugs* Hope ya find one!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Farting, for Wind new
      #227163 - 11/25/05 06:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I def feel this way often! I actually look forwarding to releasing that terrible pain of a bubble

Seriously....when I was a kid and I was unable to relieve trapped gas....I threw up! The pian actually made me throw up! I'm SO thankful I know how to help myself now as an adult!! It was just TOO awful for words...

Michelle/Kate how are you ladies now? Any better? I feel your pain

Love ya

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 50569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review