All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: That's funny!! -nt- new
      #227192 - 11/25/05 08:11 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You're a recovering anorexic, too??... new
      #227194 - 11/25/05 08:14 AM
anlikerm

Are we all recovering anorexic's ??? I'm not thinking this is just a coincidence, anymore, that A LOT of us with IBS and reflux and all kinds of other health problems are also recovering anorexics/bulimics......I'm definitely not bulimic, butI know some people that are and have IBS, too.
Why did we do this to ourselves???? I would give anything to eat, again!!! I WANT to gain 20 lbs!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#227196 - 11/25/05 08:16 AM
anlikerm

If I could gain 20 lbs, I would look like I do in my profile picture, again. I have lost 20 lbs since that picture was taken in July of 2004. This sucks!!! I'm sooo freakishly thin, now, that I don't even look like the same person anymore!!
I hate this!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Michelle: trial & error! new
      #227209 - 11/25/05 09:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ok, will keep it in mind!

I was already diagnosed with GERDS and an ulcer...but by a doc I don't trust...so I shall go for a 2nd opinion.

(I know I have a hiatel hernia cause that was detected years ago during an endoscopy by a doc I trusted...to bad he lives half across country!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Michelle: trial & error! new
      #227211 - 11/25/05 09:22 AM
anlikerm

I hope you get it figured out, soon!! You feeling okay??? Did you eat some turkey, yesterday???
*hugs*
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#227212 - 11/25/05 09:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I WAS anorexic, it's true. BUT I was diagnosed w/ IBS at age FIVE (Didn't become anorexic till like age 10 or 11.)

I know something REALLY stressful happened to me at age 5 that might have triggered it OR it was pure genetics as many ppl in my fam have tummy probs...

P.S. Michelle, you feeling any better? *hugs* thinking about you!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#227214 - 11/25/05 09:30 AM
anlikerm

Wow, 5??? That's horrible!! I really want to have a child, but I am scared that he/she would have IBS at a very early age, too. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, you know??? Let alone my own child who's 5 years old!?!? That's heartbreaking.....

I'm starting to do better, now, that I ate something. It's not sitting very well but I don't feel so sick anymore. I woke up at 8:00 with major reflux and I think it triggered an attack because I couldn't stop the BM's till 10:30!! I went like 8 times in 2 hours. But, none of it was D.....just very painful and the nausea was kicking my butt all over the place!!

But, I think I'm okay for the moment. I had a good day, yesterday. The first day without an attack in 3 months!!!! So, there IS HOPE!!!!!!!! One good day and now today, attack city.......I will take it......even if one good day is far, few and inbetween, I will take it!!!

How are you???? Was thinking about you, yesterday. I didn't see ya on the boards......just me and Kate, trying to figure out stuff we can eat without puking
and Beth later on came on for a minute......that's about it.
*hugs*!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#227223 - 11/25/05 10:09 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I wish I could eat MORE, but to do so is painful. Like you, I feel like I'm wasting away. My cheeks look sunken in, my complexion is ghastly! I just don't have the same "joie de vivre." And, I seem to be missing a CHUNK of hair!

Kate.

Re: I haven't eaten salad in months! new
      #227224 - 11/25/05 10:14 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I haven't eaten a raw salad in months! What used to be my salad bowl seems to be my "barf bucket." Sorry for the misrepresentation. Lol! I think a bite of raw celery would send me running. I miss my condiments!

I take my Nexium on an empty stomach. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I take enzymes 1/2 an hour before eating, or if I'm not feeling hot only between meals.
I split them, too.

Kate.

Re: I haven't eaten salad in months! new
      #227237 - 11/25/05 11:47 AM
anlikerm

I take mine on an empty stomach, too and eat an hour later. The pharmacist told me to wait AT LEAST an hour before eating. I can barely wait an hour some day, and other days I'm starving in 20 minutes!!!! I take my enzymes right before my meals. Are you feeling better??? I went to the post office and barely made it!! I had sooo much gas, I thought I was gonna die!! But, I made it, thank god!! Have you tried the Luna bar, yet??? I'm anxious to see how it does for you......I just took my fiber, not feeling too hot. I think I'm hungry......
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 50057

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review