All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how to live with ibs
      #225673 - 11/17/05 10:00 AM
carol1031

Reged: 09/28/05

hello
I just found out that I have Ibs. I have look at the list how do you all do it. I do good for while then seems I flair up. i'm just tried of trying to figure out what to eat and trying to lose weight at the same time please help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Concentrate on getting well new
      #225750 - 11/17/05 01:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The last thing you should be worried about is losing weight right now... get your IBS stabilized, and then worry about it. Trust me on this one. Until you get the hang of how to eat for IBS - and it DOES get easy and become second nature, quicker than you'd think - juggling the two is counterproductive.

Buy Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS. Read them. Live by them. Make them your bible. Seriously, you'll get your life back, like so many of us already have!

Re: Concentrate on getting well new
      #225837 - 11/17/05 04:47 PM
carol1031

that true but is just gets so frustrating I try to follw the guidelines and do fine for a while . then its what did i do make me feel terrible today

#225880 - 11/17/05 07:26 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Honestly, the best thing I found (dunno about the others) to figure out what made me sick and what didn't was the food journal. Once I stabilized with the BTC diet, I started adding other things into the diet. When I had something that didn't agree with my gut, I found out within a couple of hours. With the food journal (I also keep track of BMs in it), it's pretty easy to figure out what's triggering me.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

#225937 - 11/18/05 06:55 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Remember that the IBS Fairy can "grant" you an attack even when you're doing everything right! However, if you're eating right and doing stress reduction, you will have fewer attacks and you will recover from the ones you have a lot quicker.

I found that the IBS hypno program stopped a lot of my second-guessing about "what caused this". That sort of speculation only raised my anxiety and made my attacks worse! Now my attitude is more like "oh, this again - I know what to do to feel better and it'll be over soon".

--AC

#226053 - 11/18/05 12:40 PM
carol1031

what is the ibs hypo program? Does stress really cause more attacks?

Oh yes, stress... new
      #226059 - 11/18/05 12:48 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

For some it really is a big trigger... and, lucky me, I'm one of those. Yay.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

#226065 - 11/18/05 01:04 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

My IBS is driven in large part by stress and anxiety. I tend towards C and bloat normally, but will go straight to D under stress.

If you look to the upper left, you'll see "Hypnosis for IBS" in the menu there. You can also go to the "Hypnosis for IBS" discussion board. It helped me a lot, along with the diet and SFS and all the other things we talk about here.

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review