All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Buspar
      #22564 - 10/06/03 01:08 PM
Pezz

Reged: 10/06/03
Loc: NYC

Hey all...been awhile since i've been around but it's been a rough summer. I ended up finally going to my doc around June to complain about the IBS symptoms (first time since i was 11....i'm 27). and she sent me to a shrink....wherein i told my story of my first symptoms that flared up when i was in 3rd grade and they've been present everyday since. i've always had anxiety problems...knowing i was gonna get sick b/c of it didn't help. so to make a long story short...

i'm on a mixture of an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drug to try and control my high anxiety and panic attacks. specifically Lexapro and Buspar. after adding the Buspar to the mix i'm glad to say i've never been so close to normal for an extended period like this in my LIFE.

as much as i welcome the relief it's hard to work through the fear i've had for the past 20yrs of my life to participate in daily life. i'm going slow and i hope i can maintain the normalcy.

does anyone have any experience with buspar? does one typically become immune to dosages? my shrink doesn't want to keep me on the drugs forever so i have that inherent fear that i'll have a flareup again. it's good to eat without worrying about the consequences anyway and to get up in the morning and not be in a gut-wrenching mess b/c of fear of a flareup. it's a vicious cycle.

oy what a mess. thanks for listening.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Buspar new
      #22574 - 10/06/03 02:22 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I took it for a short while and didn't notice any difference. My doctor told me it wouldn't help with major anxiety, just minor. (I was taking something else at the time, don't remember what it was.) One thing I will tell you is that it sure improved my sex life!!! My husband loved it! It is often prescribed for those taking anti-depressants to increase their libido. I don't want everyone going into their doctor and asking for this, now! Ha!

#22594 - 10/06/03 04:08 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi,

I was so surprised to see your post as I just started taking buspar last week. Your post could easily have been written by me and I'm trying other things as well - exercise, meditation, and the ibs hypnotherapy cd program. I know someone who's been taking buspar for 2 years and he's still at the same dose and happy with it. My shrink told me it is non-addictive, though i don't like the prospect of being on any meds long-term. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#22610 - 10/06/03 06:32 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Hi! I've been an RN as well as a depressed person with anxiety attacks too. I know Buspar works well for alot of people and you can be on it quite a long time with no bad effects! So enjoy feeling good

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1032 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 552

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review