All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Intestaid Food Supplement - absolutely amazing!
      #225203 - 11/15/05 01:49 PM
dcg

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Perth, Scotland

I have suffered the indignity of the worst horrors IBS for almost 25 years now - crippling stomach cramps which have had me crawling on the floor to the toilet and not even making it on many occasions - 'accidents' in the most embarrassing of places at the worst of times and in front of people I love. I had given up on ever feeling better and was using loperamide (immodium) in regular doses before venturing out anywhere for fear of not making it to a convenient toilet in time. A month ago I saw a small insignificant article in 'Good Housekeeping' magazine - UK edition for November. It mentioned that tests of a food supplement called 'Intestaid' were proving to be quite successful. With nothing to lose, I found them online and ordered a pack of 60 capsules - quite expensive at around GBP25 for a pack. Three tablets a day for the first month and two a day after this. The pack is labelled 'DNAid - The Power of Nucelotides' and there is very little information other than the dosage directions. I have taken these capsules for a month now and have ordered a further two packs for future use. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER FOR OVER 25 YEARS. It is just amazing and I cannot explain it to fellow sufferers other than to say my stomach feels 'normal' for the first time in years. I am not 'cured' and don't claim this product as a total solution but it has made such an enormous difference to my life in such a short time I had to find somewhere to write about it for other sufferers so that's why I am here. I do not work for the company who make them - I do not even know what is in the capsules - I am not being sponsored to say this stuff - but as a sufferer for over 25 years I feel that a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with this amazing new product. I am sure it will not work for everyone and yes I do get the occasional little spasm of pain and the very occasional bout of diarrhoeia but for the past 25 years urgent dashes to the toilet and explosive bouts of diarrhoeia have been the norm - maybe happening 20 days per month. I have had less than two days of this in the month that I have been using Intestaid and my stool formation is just like a normal person's would be. It is truly amazing! I just can't describe to you exactly what I mean when I say that my stomach feels 'normal' but take it form me - it just does! I am not sure where you will get these capsules. They are made by a company in Switzerland (I think!) called Wyreside. On the pack there is a site www.wyreside.com but it does not tell you very much about the actual product. I am so so glad I saw that little article in Good Housekeeping magazine which, ironically, I was reading in the toilet!! If you want to find out any more you can email me but I think i have told you everything you need to know. My life has changed so dramatically and so quickly in such a short space of time. If this product cost GBP200 a pack I would still buy them. I can promise you that this is not an advertisement or a paid endorsement of this product. I am just so very happy to share this with fellow sufferers.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can you give us more specific info... I would be careful new
      #225216 - 11/15/05 02:22 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Unless I know what's in it, I would be very skeptical. I'm glad you're feeling better, but can you give us some more info as to what the active ingredients are?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#225223 - 11/15/05 02:35 PM
dcg

Thanks for your interest. It says on the packet its main ingredients are Neucleotides of RNA. Nuceotides describes the technology which this company seems to have invented. Other ingredients are Vitamin B5, Sodium Citrate, Riboflavin, Vitamin B2 and some vegetarian ingredients in the capsules. Apparently the 'nucelotides' of RNA help to support the body's natural cell regeneration process - especially colonic functioning and intestinal balance. I think that basically it promotes natural cell regenration in the intestines more quickly than normal and I am sure that this would account for the feeling of intestinal 'well being' which I am enjoying. The research into the product has been sponsored by the DTI (Department of Trade & Industry)in Great Britain and I know that they would not get involved without the product or concept being thoroughly checked out.

Weirdly enough, I'm interested.... new
      #225226 - 11/15/05 02:46 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and I never get into the scam stuff. I'm not sure how it would work on IBS but it sure sounds interesting to help with complications of my Fibro. Think I'm going to ask my doc about this on Friday!

Re: Weirdly enough, I'm interested.... new
      #225228 - 11/15/05 02:53 PM
dcg

Hi Linz,

Like you, I am very wary of 'scam stuff'. If you look at my profile you will realise that I am not an impressionable nor unintelligent person who could be easily conned. The research into this product has been funded by the DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) a Government Department in the UK who (to the best of my belief) agreed to fund the research into the 'Neucleotide' technology to help addrtess the issues of the number of days which are lost to British Industry as a result of absences due to illnesses such as IBS. These people are serious players and would not get into anything remotely 'scam stuff'. I cna only speak for myself but it has changed my life in 4 weeks. I would be so pleased for you if it helps you too but I can only speak for myself.

#225251 - 11/15/05 04:01 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks for the info, Doug. I just noticed you're from Scotland! My brother lives in Dundee!

I was also a high school teacher. I know how terrible it was to have IBS and be a teacher. I taught grades 7 8 and 9 - if you left the classroom you were DEAD! Fortunately, most classes behaved really well for me, and I had fellow teachers I could bellow to on my way downstairs to the bathroom so they could watch my class for a couple of minutes. I used to eat nothing but rice until after 4 pm. So sad, huh?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#225321 - 11/15/05 11:39 PM
dcg

Thanks for your interest Alicia. I am sure you will agree that a stressful career like teaching does nothing to aid one's IBS symptoms! I have never posted on a message board like this and have no commercial interest in the product whatsoever but I feel so good and so much better and my insides actually feel 'normal' for the first time in years that I felt I just had to tell others about it. I would be a fool to believe that it was a 'cure' and that it would work for everyone but I can only tell others about how well I feel. For the first time I now feel that IBS does not rule my life and that I can cope with it. I only hope that others can get the same results. (I live only about 20 miles from Dundee!)

Re: Intestaid Food Supplement - absolutely amazing! new
      #225367 - 11/16/05 07:17 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Found a US website...$30 for 120 capsules. Ingredients look like a B complex with some C thrown in and then the neucleotides. About average for a supplement price-wise, although I couldn't find the research on this particular website that looked substantial, only ongoing.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Gonna try it? new
      #225398 - 11/16/05 09:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If anyone decides to try this, please post updates!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Gonna try it? new
      #225411 - 11/16/05 11:43 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'm not going to try it, because after looking at the ingredients - other than the RNA - I get all of that already. And since my probiotic has made such a difference for me, I'm sticking with what works for me. I'm actually looking at ways to cut back on supplements. I recently added a multi that seems to be helping me a great deal, so I've been leaving off the 5-htp. My DH and son are on probiotics too for different reasons, so the supplement bill keeps going up instead of down.

No, I won't be adding anything right now. This looks like what I'm already doing, and I'm still a bit dubious about the RNA factor.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6574

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review