All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Multi-Vitamins
      #225 - 01/31/03 12:18 PM
Philos

Reged: 01/31/03

One of the things that upsets my IBS is when I take GNC's Women's UltraMega Multi. It's a very complete vitamin and I believe it is one of the best, which is why I've taken it, in the past (before I got IBS).

I keep trying to get back on it thinking I will eventually benefit from it, however, I don't have my IBS under control so I stop taking it. Can anyone suggest a gentler multi-vitamin?

Thanks

Edited by Philos (01/31/03 12:19 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Multi-Vitamins new
      #226 - 01/31/03 12:25 PM
Jane

Reged: 01/29/03

Hi Philos,
I personally don't like the GNC vitamins because they have way beyond 100% of the RDA for most vitamins and minerals. Some are toxic if you take too much for a prolonged period of time. I take One A Day Women's and I haven't had any problems with them at all. And they're a lot cheaper!!

#233 - 01/31/03 02:43 PM
emmab

Reged: 01/25/03

Hi Philos,

I have exactly the same problem...I've tried a few different types with the same reaction. I've asked for slow release versions thinking the others cause problems because they are too much at once, and that hasn't helped. If you find something good can you post it on the board?
What brand was the womens all in one...I've tried the Swisse Womens Ultivite with no joy.
I'm considering wheatgrass juice twice a week, has anyone else drunk this?? Any problems?

Emma

#272 - 02/01/03 02:49 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

I get most of my vitamins at Trader Joe's. They also have a good variety of supplements; i.e. condroitin/glucosamine for arthritis and it's much cheaper than anywhere I've tried, SamE, soluble fiber, etc. I don't know if there are Trader Joe's in AuzzieLand, or any other foreign lands. I think if you take your vitamins/supplements after eating soluble fiber and a meal, it would be easier on your system. Heather should have a good answer for you.

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 418 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review