All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
yerba mate info???
      #224624 - 11/13/05 12:19 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I know there has been information about this on the boards before, but when I searched I found no results. Does anyone drink this tea and find that is actually does help with energy?? I have terrible fatigue all the time in spite of plenty of sleep/vitamins/exercise/diet. I assume my body is just tired from working so hard at digestion! Anyone drink yerba mate, and if so what are your results?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've had it before... new
      #224659 - 11/13/05 04:49 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

on a number of occassions but I don't drink it regularly. It's really tasty! And yes, it will affect you kind of like caffeine. Just don't expect a jolt like you'd get from a strong cup of coffee (it's probalby more of a black tea-ish jolt ) But I remember Heather recommended it to a truck driver with IBS on the boards a while back to help him stay alert while driving late nights - so it must do something significant!

Another thought - are you getting enough protein in your diet? Whenever I find that I'm getting really run down despite eating seemingly well/exercising/drinking water etc. it's usually a sign that I need to have some more protein. Just a thought!

HTH!

Edited by retrograde (11/13/05 04:51 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1019 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1249

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review