All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help me please
      #224524 - 11/12/05 04:00 PM
moses

Reged: 11/12/05

Hi everyone, I'm not to sure where to put this post so i hope her is ok.

I' 6 weeks pregnant and for about 3 weeks I have been suffering from constipation and diarohea,I usually get very bad pains at night. My doctor told me it was IBS...but I dont know.

Can anyone help?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help me please new
      #224601 - 11/13/05 08:56 AM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. You know, you may not have IBS at all. Did the pain, constipation and diarrhea begin during your pregnancy?? If so, it may very well just be caused by fluctuating hormones. Hormones wreak havoc on your digestive system. I know many people who don't have IBS but had cramping, diarrhea and constipation during their pregnancy due to hormonal changes. It may go away as your pregnancy progresses or it may go away after your deliver. There is a chance, however, that you do have IBS and your pregnancy triggered it. I know I didn't have IBS until right after I gave birth. My doctor said that my hormones where supposed to go back to where they were pre-pregnancy, but probably did not - causing my IBS.

--------------------
Dana

#224605 - 11/13/05 09:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah you may not even have IBS at all, but that's probably going to be impossible to tell until after the birth! In the meantime, read the Diet Guidelines and check out the pregnancy & IBS post that's soon going to be in a newsletter.

Even if it turns out you don't have IBS, the info on here can help relieve pregnancy-caused GI symptoms.

HTH!

#224689 - 11/13/05 07:36 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

It is common for women to be constipated during their pregnancy. I would seek a second opinion, there are many other test that NEED to be done to rule out any other disease. Good luck with your pregnancy, it is a fun time and enjoy it!

#231201 - 12/13/05 08:58 AM
sgebhardt

Reged: 08/19/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I would get a second opinion. I went to one doctor myself and she said it was IBS but she didn't do any tests to rule antything else out which really bothered me so I went to a different doctor (same office as the other doctor) and he was quite surprised that the other doctor didn't order any tests. Like everyone has posted, you may not have it at all.

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 609

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review