All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help, I've done a search and I need specifics post-surgery update
      #223982 - 11/09/05 05:51 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Well, I've had the first of my two follow up with the two surgeons that did my laparoscopy and colonoscopy, thank God, I have no tumors, cancer or polyps in my colon, but as my last two colonoscopies have shown I have IBS duh, ascending, tranverse and descending colon spasm, especially descending, ok, tell me what I didn't already know. I've lost 6 more pounds since last time I saw him and he did a lot of blood work this time, said he didn't want to over look anything, I found out he's looking for the celiac/gluten intolerance. I'm so bummed. I've searched the board and I am trying to find a very specific, gluten free diet, as far as everything that is safe, name brands, etc. If there is anyone that can help me, I'd really appreciate it. I haven't heard the results yet, but I had read the symptoms of celiac disease and I have every symptom. Also where do you find gluten fee items, if I need them?? I am soooo frustrated now. I will know more aobut my laparoscopy Monday. Please anyone help, just so I can be ready to go grocery shopping. Also, if the test does come back negative, should I ask for a biopsy? Thanks
Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

GF eaters advice needed here! new
      #224016 - 11/10/05 01:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I don't know enough about GF eating, so I've flagged it in the subject title (good tip for the future - put the most important topic, ie. celiac or GF eating, in the subject line).

If you haven't had biopsies taken already, you would need to have another colonoscopy to have that done btw.

Re: Help, I've done a search and I need specifics post-surgery update new
      #224020 - 11/10/05 02:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I would def ask for the biopsy so you'll know for certain.

And pease don't go gluten free if you plan to have the biopsy done. It's not as effective if you are eating gluten free. I'd wait it out.

There are tons of us who can help out if you need to go gluten free! I've done for many many months at a time! However I am not atm. (Just didn't want you to be confused when you see I AM eating gluten in my most recent posts).

Let us know if you decide to get an endoscopy with biospies to check for celiac...we're ALL here to help *hugs*

I know what you're going through...you're NOT alone!!!

Btw, feel free to e-mail me! My e-mail is in my profile

*big super hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#224620 - 11/13/05 12:04 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that being gluten free is not that hard...it's no fun but, not hard.

Here's some sites that might help you with the info you need. The only diet is to avoid wheat, barley and rye. There is some controvercy about weather oats should be included. There are experts on both sides of the subject. Now learning what has these ingredience in them is a life long process. I'm going to give you a couple of links to sights that are both places to buy gluten free and get advice. Most good health food stores have gluten free sections.

Gluten intolerence Group Delphi Forums List of Gluten free online vendors Gluten Free Mall The Gluten Free Pantry

I hope these help and they all come out. Definately get that biopsy no matter what the blood test says. Even though blood tests are becoming more reliable they are far from perfect yet.

Love,

Jamie

The Delphi Forum link didn't go right. I was afraid it wouldn't because it's so long. If you go to delphi forums and go to their celiac sight there is tons of info there on eating out and brand name etc...

Edited by jamiep (11/13/05 12:07 PM)

#224636 - 11/13/05 01:56 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

There are sooooo many gluten free products on the market now (breads, pastas). Also, do a search under "gluten free mall". They actually have LOADS of GF food to purchase if you are unable to find something specific at the stores. With sooo much GF stuff out there, you don't have to give up any of your favorite breads and pastas.

--------------------
Dana

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review