All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS safe foods... for wisdom teeth and vicodin? And stupid doctors!
      #223715 - 11/08/05 12:01 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Oh guys, I'm so hungry!! I need safe food suggestions. I had my wisdom teeth out and I thought I was doing really well (no D at ALL thanks to safe foods and vicodin's constipating effect, I think). I had asked the doc for an antibiotic that wouldn't wreck my digestive system and he told me to bring in the name of whatever I took last. He didn't seem to care that it was Avelox, for bronchitis. Said it would do the job.

Well, five days later and half my face is still swollen and hurting. Saw another doc who says its infected and why did he give you such a pansy ass antibiotic? I opted for the amoxacillian. I'd rather have D than this pain (i'm taking acidophilus too). It hasn't been too bad yet (tummy is a little grumbly, but no D). But eating is becoming an issue. The vicodin makes me wacky and naseus and I've thrown up soup both times that I've had it (throwing up through a mouthful of stitches - Nasty!)

So I need something IBS safe, that is soft that I don't have to chew, that won't interact with the vicodin. Oh, and vegetarian. So far it's been soy pudding, applesauce and a little soy ice cream. But damn, that's getting old! (Seriously, I cannot wait to go to Red Robin after I'm feeling better because you can get any of their burgers made with a veggie patty. I had one on foccacia bread with carmelized onions that I can't stop thinking about!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

what about baby food? new
      #223827 - 11/08/05 07:20 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Sounds crazy, I know, but that's what I have to go back to when I'm in the midst of attacks. Just an idea.....

I feel your pain....been there, done that....only I LOVE the constipating effect of vicodin! I could get seriously addicted to it just for that!!! lolol

Re: Been there! new
      #223843 - 11/08/05 11:14 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I know just how you feel... I had the amoxil and had no probs but I ALWAYS took them after I'd eaten even though the doc said you could take them at any time.

I had lots of mashed potato and pumpkin with a little salt and pepper. Also, soy yoghurt. I also made some smoothies with soy milk, honey and fruits and pureed them up real well so that I felt I was getting some decent nutrition.

Hope you feel better soon. I didn't get an infection but I did get a dry socket which was awfully painful. I found though that once I started to improve it happened quickly.

Best wishes
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 485

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review